Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Eduardo's horrific injury & Wenger's reaction

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i think all this crap about Arsenal ruffhousing Utd the other week is a bit rubbish to be honest, there's nothing wrong with that sort of football, it wasn't incredibly dirty at all i didnt think.

I thought saturdays incident was a mistimed crap tackle and will be punished with a ban, which is where it should end.

all these comments about "he should never play again" is bollocks and i think even wenger has retracted that comment.

its a tough physical game, things like this happen.

unlucky for eduardo cos he's got bags of talent and hope he makes a speedy recovery.

still my fave all time bad tackle was this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGBSiVOZ5Lw
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Weekender Offender 
    its a tough physical game, things like this happen.

One of the worst things about English football is the whole attitude that good players should be "roughed up" to see "what they're made of". It's why English footballers do so badly elsewhere.

All teams have done it. Arsenal had their back four, Wright, Petit and Vieira. The Neville brothers gave an excellent example of it when they took turns to kick the shit out of Reyes at OT the other year (Addict quote: he's a diving twat). Roy Keane was the master of being a dirty dirty twat and Kevin Ball should have been banned for life for some of the tackles he made.

But whilst it works players will continue to do it. Arsenal lost focus and Birmingham got a draw. Arsenal lost focus at OT when Reyes was booted into the gutter for the umpteenth time and lost.

It does make me laugh how Addict spends most of his time whingeing about Wenger's "hypocrisy" in complaining about losing his best player for 18 months and then gets in a radge when anyone points out that Man Utd are historically the dirtiest and most hypocritical club in the land. For what its worth I think the top managers are pretty much all as bad as each other, which is why the whingeing weegie's continual bleating about how unfair it all is pisses me off so much.
    Kermit wrote: »
    One of the worst things about English football is the whole attitude that good players should be "roughed up" to see "what they're made of". It's why English footballers do so badly elsewhere.

this is partly the reason why i struggle to enjoy watching other countries football, i do enjoy it when teams get stuck in.

It also annoys the life out of me that anytime anyone goes near a keeper the whistle is out straight away, its wrong if you ask me.
    I'd rather watch football than thugs kicking each other. There's a place for physical play but it shouldn't be about kicking good players. Put it this way, I love watching Claude Makelele but hated watching Kevin Ball. There's no need for it and its why English players struggle against any team that has technical ability.

The only downside to clamping down on thugs is that it allows cheating scum like Ronaldo and Nani to roll around and just keep counting the free kicks.

Generally I prefer watching rugby league these days, though. Good physical play but generally without the diving and the whingeing (with the exception of St Helens, the Man Utd of rugby league).
    Athletico Madrid's technical skill was clearly too much for Bolton last week. English football needs to sort itself out fast.
    The fact that so many people believe that kicking the crap out of the skillful winger shows "competitiveness" shows exactly what is wrong with English football, and its shows exactly why the England football team will never win fuck all.

The reason why England produce so few skillful players is because English players are taught to be "physical" from a young age, rather than nurturing skill. The few players that manage to be skillful are those who are big enough to kick back, like Rooney and Gascoigne, and the rest tend to be players who hack their way to the top (like Brave John Terry).

Football is a skillful sport, its not kick-and-clap rugby union.
    minimi38 wrote: »
    Athletico Madrid's technical skill was clearly too much for Bolton last week. English football needs to sort itself out fast.

But who went through?
    that was meant ironically!
    Melian wrote: »
    That's not nearly as bad as first feared, so good news on that respect.

I was reading an interview with the former Coventry player who a few years ago had that appalling break (so bad blood had to be washed off the pitch before the game could resume, and United keeper Schmeichel had to receive counselling afterwards) and he said his break was a lot worse and he had to quit because of subsequent infections to the area, not the break itself. Eduardo should be okay though.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    David Busst? His was truly truly nasty.

Hopefully Eduardo will be back sooner rather than later.
    Yes, it was David Busst - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Busst
    no just pics :(

ehgh9g.jpg
    I suspect that's what Wenger saw...
    It's remarkable he actually got to see the incident at all. Must be a first... ;)