Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Retail - Management Training

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I work in a clothes shop for one of the big well known companies.

The other day my manager asked me if I wanted to do management training, which I was well chuffed about and said yes.
Stupid thing is, I was so pleased at the time that I forgot to ask her what it would involve, etc... I've not really had chance to talk to her again since so just thought I'd try and do some information gathering before I speak to her again.

Has anyone else been given management training whilst still only a sales advisor?
I know most of the training in the company I work for is done on-the-job and there aren't any supervisor role vaccancies coming up at all in my store. But what puzzled me slightly was that my manager said that the supervisors had never been given the proper training so they will be doing the training first... But it's obvious that they have had training as they can do their jobs, which is making me think it must be more of a formal kind of thing that you get a peice of paper for.

So just wondered really if anyone else has been in a similar situation to me...
Or just random speculation about how they might be training me is welcome too.

Comments

• Options
    I'm guessing it may be a 1 or 2 day course or something where you just sit through boring talks about being a good manager. I can't be sure though.

Best to ask your boss tomorow :)
  • Options
    Are you a graduate?

My friend was working at Marks and Sparks after uni and then did management trainign there which lasted a year I think.. She got trained on all areas of the business.
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    Are you a graduate?

My friend was working at Marks and Sparks after uni and then did management trainign there which lasted a year I think.. She got trained on all areas of the business.

No I'm not... I've never even done A-levels :blush: