Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

I Know I shouldn't Have ...

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Last night I went back to the lad I've been getting with (for a few months) house 'Brian's'. We were getting with eachother and that then I asked to borrow his phone to text a friend to see if she was okay. It came up with all the people he had last texted and under my name it said, 'Jen'.
I know before I was getting with him he really liked this girl called Jen but she was pregnant with another guy's child and I think it just didn't work.
All along I've still thought he still liked her because he mentions her sometimes probably to get a reaction out of me. I know we're only getting with eachother so it's not my place to say but unfortunately I've ended up liking him a lot. I don't want to get with any one else, I think about him loads and I love spending time with him. We get along well and he's funny and the only lad that I've ever felt like this about.
I rang my best mate and asked what she thought and she suggested I read his messages to see what was said. I felt really uncomfortable doing this but I was quite drunk and usually I would never, ever do a thing like that because I would feel like a physco but I did. There were no messages from her but there was one from him which was sent yesterday afternoon I think asking how she was.
I know he saw her in town yesterday so I think he obviously saw her and feelings came back and whatever so he thought he would text her.

Thing is I really don't want to stand in the way but I really like him but if he still has feelings for her and whatever then there's no way this is gonna work is there?
I'm the sort of girl that if I have a boyfriend I want to be the one that they love and nobody else. I don't want to be second best and I don't want to be the reason two people who really like eachother aren't together although to me it seems he really likes her but she's not fussed. Which is even worse cos that means he'll come to me!

Grr I'm really sorry it's so long I'm just stressed out about it and I don't know what to do. I've never liked anyone like this before and I've never been in this situation before so I don't know what to do.

Not sure whether to just leave it for good (but would be difficult seeing as I find it hard to leave anything and we're mates with the same group)?
Or maybe I should have a chat with him?

What do you think I should do?! =(

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think it would be very very extreme to assume that because he texted her asking how she was, that he either still has feelings for her, or that youre standing in the way of a great love story, or that you are second best.

I think if you think too hard and deep about it you could drive yourself crazy by what it could mean, when the chances are it means nothing, and unless youve got something else to go on, then dont assume it means anything. Its not a lewd message or flirty or anything