Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Keeping busy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi guys

I broke up with my boyfriend of one year yesterday, and I need some help! I do still love him and I'm struggling mostly with the fact that I know he's hurting and there's nothing I can do. However, I also know that ending it was the right thing to do; for various reasons the relationship needed to end and I'm quietly proud of myself for having the balls to do it despite how I feel about him.

The last thing I said to him was that I had no intention of leaving his life completely, and that I'd really like it if he would give me a call when he feels ready to. So now it's a waiting game.

But of course, I'm feeling really low too - some of the time I'm fine and then I get these random waves of the most intense sadness. I have a lot of uni work to be doing and I'm going to the gym every other day, but I need to keep busy so I don't completely collapse into depression!

What do you guys do to deal with a breakup? How do you keep your spirits up and maintain the balance of keeping life going without suppressing your emotions?

Comments

• Options
    Can relate to your situation Butterflykisses - guess you need to fill that empty void with activates and hobbys etc.

You WILL feel sad, lonely, upset and everything else that comes with death...cos it's the death of your relationship. It hurts like hell and only time will tell how long it lasts. Suggest not forcing yourself to be happy or bottle things up!

If you wanna chat about things I'm all ears. :)
  • Options
    Harmless wrote: »
    You WILL feel sad, lonely, upset and everything else that comes with death...cos it's the death of your relationship. It hurts like hell and only time will tell how long it lasts. Suggest not forcing yourself to be happy or bottle things up!

:yes:

Well done for being mature about it, personally I tried to throw myself into work and stuff but it just made it worse. Talking it through with somebody who you don't mind seeing you crying your eyes out helps.

You won't feel like this forever, good on ya for making a hard decision.