Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Manchester

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm planning a night out in Manchester for my 18th birthday and I've never been before apart from shopping and gigs - so where are the best places to go to drink? Me and my mates are into basically rock and dance, but abit of everything really. Ideassss? :hyper:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    honestly depends what sort of night you are looking for, stuff is pretty spread out in manchester depending on what you are looking for.

for indie/odd stuff, head up to the northern quarter.

for general drinking/partying, head down deansgate and then down to the locks.

for studenty type stuff theres a few bars around oxford road and then onto 5th ave to finish your night off.

if you want a mince party head off down canal street.
    To be honest, something studenty with cheap drinks and some wicked music is what I'm looking for!
    is it gonna be a weekend or a week day?
    A Saturday night.
    __tink wrote: »
    A Saturday night.

def 5th ave to finish your night off then :thumb:
    Where abouts is that? Bearing in mind I get lost everytime I go to Manchester, it will be an interesting night haha.
    you know where canal street is? head for there and its about 2mins further down the road...
    One place i really like going to start the night off is The Font. Iis by the railway arches left off oxford road before oxford road train station. It does tons of cocktails for £2 each.

The Ritz also has its student night on a saturday - you do need student card to get in, thats always good fun. Its a few mins from the font, turn left infront of sainsburys off oxford road. 5th Ave is also a good choice, it lies between oxford road train station and picadilly train station on princess street? near rail way arches (i think - near there).

You could go to the Printworks, just beyond the arndale - clubs like pure and tiger tiger - but being saturday its often quite expensive.
    Any student card? Or do you need like a uni one?
    As long as it says 'student' on it somewhere - my friend from home came up and he had his college ID card with him and that worked. As long as you have something that suggests you are student.
    Font is awesome. like chillin there during the day, playing pro evo.

my favourite bar is Jabez Clegg tho.
    pure is pure shite! haha. anywhere in the printworks is a bit of a no-no really, specially at the weekend.

id stick to the indie clubs ala 5th Avenue or 42nd Street. £1 a bottle usually :]
    well we only went there because my mate said it was good...but then he had been on a student night before so thats prob why he thought it was good. isnt tiger tiger meant to be good? and birdcage?

Well it depends what you class as good. If I was 17/18 then I'd probably think that birdcage and tiger tiger were great! Get really pissed, dance to commercial music and pull. But you get a few years older and see that those places are actually full of drunken nobheads , the music is shit and there are FAR FAR better places to go :p

To the original poster, although it's not to my taste, you should try 5th ave because the music is rock/indie whatever and the drinks are reeaally cheap and you get some decent people around there.