Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Exam resits

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hiya,

Just found out I failed the exam I did last month.

I always thought it was my choice whether I resit or not. I'm only in my first year and what I get doesn't really matter, plus I've done well in my other exam and coursework (2:1s)

Someones just sent me a message saying we have to resit, whether we want to or not, is this true?? I'll be quite pissed off if it is, max can get is 40 marks anyway, I got 37 so thats £40 for an extra 3 marks :mad: :mad:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• FizFiz Deactivated Posts: 44 Boards Initiate
    Hi, why don't you ask them if you have to resit even if you don't want to, either the person who emailed you or your tutors? I understand it is frustrating but it might be worth considering because it could end up giving you a better mark overall for the whole year and even though it feels like it doesn't matter right now, when you finish you might be asked to list what your overall grades were throughout your time at uni when applying for job and stuff and so those extra marks could make a difference then.

Take care!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    There might be some requirement to pass all of the modules. It's worth asking both to clarify this case and so you know for future reference.
    Thanks all.

My personal supervisor has emailed me back this morning saying that my mark can be compensated (i don't understand what this means :blush: ) because I got over 35, so as long as I don't fail anymore this year I don't have to resit :D
    You now need to find out what that means. It's important that you understand the exam system that you are taking.

I suspect what he means is that because you only just failed they will let you 'count' that module towards the total, and it will just bring your overall mark down, whereas if you had got under 35 the wouldn't count the module at all and it would be deemed a fail and you'd get no marks from it counted towards the end of the year.

But check this.