Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Supersize Vs Superskinny

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
:shocking: The bloke on tonights programme is so annoying!!!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    The whole program annoys me!

What they need to do is feed them both healthy stuff, rather than make them swap shit diets. And that thing where they measure how much food the skinny person eats compared to the fat person? Whoa, a 33 stone man eats loads more than a 7 stone woman? NO SHIT.

And Gillian McKeith just needs to sod off with her big bum crusade. I'd rather have the largest ever recorded bum than be a shrivelled old angry (fake doctor) witch like her.
    I havent watched it but I'm surprised they still let McKeith on TV.
    I never understood what they'd gain from swapping 2 equally ludicrous diets. The one last week, where the 40 year old black woman weighed like, 6 stone who said 'not all skinny people have issues with food' clearly needs to see a psychiatrist. She was CLEARLY stark raving mad - eating 3 brazil nuts, 4 prunes and a bananna. NUTS.
    Is that McKeith bitch presenting it? I thought we'd seen the last of her when we found out she'd been selling herself as Dr. without any qualifications. I was going to watch it too, but if she's on it I don't think I'll bother. I also wonder how she's planning on bulking people up since she seems to be allergic to meat in all it's forms.
    Kaffrin, I said the exact same thing yesterday when McKeith was chivvying loads of Welsh women to exercise and lose weight of their bums. She does my head in! I do quite enjoy watching the programme but I agree, the diet-swapping is pretty pointless. I really like Anna Richardson though. I found the hypnotherapy thing she did last night quite interesting and she's quite funny and down-to-earth. Much easier to watch than Gillian McKeith. However I did shout at the TV when she threw all her biscuits, pastries, bread and cakes in the bin - couldn't they have gone to a homeless shelter or something?? Seemed like a waste to me.
    Do any of the above posters actually watch the show? :p
    They do swap diets for a week and they usually have some realisation during it. But then they are given a nutritionally balanced diet to follow for the next couple of months to either help them lose weight or to gain weight.

Anna Richardson is great, she's very funny, but yeh Gillian McKieth is annoying
    I think it's an all round pretty shit programme. I would have had an ounce of respect for the diet plans regarding the two extreme individuals, but does the programme actually focus on, or even tell viewers what this 12 week plan is or what it's about? No, there's probably just a bit of sadistic value in seeing the skinny stuffed and the fat starved, then they go off and do their bit of healthy eating and lo and behold they come back healthier.

I'm surprised Gillian McKeith hasn't been publicly flogged yet. Again, age old myths of spot reduction, and of course the women lose some inches as they've lost a bit of body fat overall.

Anna Richardson gets on my nerves a bit, it's the same old same old. The two chicks she interviewed last week who were wired on their dangerous pill concoctions - the programme could have mentioned that working out for 2 hours on the treadmill is pretty counterproductive, or the hypnosis where she had to squeeze a biscuit and then an orange :rolleyes: is nothing but lovely pseudoscientific woo

It's a shame because the programme had a lot of potential to dispell some long standing myths about health and fitness.
    I never understood what they'd gain from swapping 2 equally ludicrous diets. The one last week, where the 40 year old black woman weighed like, 6 stone who said 'not all skinny people have issues with food' clearly needs to see a psychiatrist. She was CLEARLY stark raving mad - eating 3 brazil nuts, 4 prunes and a bananna. NUTS.

To be honest it's quite offensive that you use this type of language to describe someone with eating issues.
    Randomgirl wrote: »
    To be honest it's quite offensive that you use this type of language to describe someone with eating issues.
    She said she didn't have eating issues though. She said she didn't have a relationship with food and just viewed it as fuel rather than a pleasurable thing. She was a bit bonkers, not just because of her eating issue.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Cheers for the poll inspiration :thumb:
    what i dont get is why anyone would see no other way to sort out their eating problems than to humiliate themselves on national tv...have they no fucking willpower or self respect?

(I haven't seen the program, but just regarding this comment)

If they have genuine eating problems it probably isn't anything to do with willpower or self respect. Maybe they see it as a quick fix, as I would imagine they get the help for free rather than having to pay for what they see as professional advice (although I think anyone who considers Gillian McKeith as professional advice needs more than a diet change, perhaps their head examined too).
    Acrobat wrote: »
    (I haven't seen the program, but just regarding this comment)

If they have genuine eating problems it probably isn't anything to do with willpower or self respect. Maybe they see it as a quick fix, as I would imagine they get the help for free rather than having to pay for what they see as professional advice (although I think anyone who considers Gillian McKeith as professional advice needs more than a diet change, perhaps their head examined too).

Gillian McKeith isn't the one giving them diet advice, thank god. She just has this "ban big bums" thing. There's a doctor (Christian something-or-other) who does the main part of the show, and he seems quite good.