Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

O2 the bastards

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Phone up (0870 600 3009) and say you've got the reference number for the recorded delivery, they might ask you to fax it in or they might just check it on the Royal Mail website.
    Well I have to say that O2 were very nice when I just phoned them. (saying that I was wihout a phone for three weeks)

The nice chap gave a months line rental back!! :)
    Wow Bri-namite, they said exactly what you said they would and I emailed it to them...what will they do next and what are next weeks lottery numbers? lol

Btw button moon, why havent you had your phone for 3 months :S? That is bad..

To Rachie: I did think that but when they said we will dispatch a new K850 for you withing 24 hours of receiveing your faulty one, they said nothing about the weekend...

To anyone: is it true that I can downgrade my contract after 9 months? I am on an 18 month contract of £30 a month and have been charged over £100 because ive been using my K850 as a modem :'(
    You are probably right, but they should have said within 1 working day or something like that instead of making promises they can't keep oh well, as long as they send it back within 5 days...
    Terminator, ask them if you can add an unlimited data bolton or something. The main reason I went with T-Mobile was their unlimited data tariff, it turned out O2 were planning to bring it out but were planning to do it with the iPhone. Ah well, their loss.

But they do have an unlimited data tariff now and probably some sort of bolt on, bri would know more.*

*they're subject to fair use policies but everything is these days.
    Wow Bri-namite, they said exactly what you said they would and I emailed it to them...what will they do next and what are next weeks lottery numbers? lol

What e-mail adress did you e-mail it to?

If I get a call like that I'll give them my work email address and get them to email it from there, I'll then speak to returns and get the handset dispatched. It's a good idea to call before 4pm if you want it dispatched that day.

As far as your data bolt on if you're looking to use your phone as a modem then you're aswell going for the o2 Web Max - 3GB for £30.00 every month. If you were just using it for medium - heavy browsing then I'd recommend the o2 Web Bolt On which is 200MB for £7.50 per month.
    Thank for the replies guys, much appreciated. I've decided against using my phone as a modem and instead got broadband installed from Virgin Media as they had a good offer on...

Bri - I was told to email my reference number and address etc to 'o2returnshelpline@lbm.co.uk', and that was at about 5...what will they actually do?
    Bri - I was told to email my reference number and address etc to 'o2returnshelpline@lbm.co.uk', and that was at about 5...what will they actually do?

They'll check it against the Royal Mail website and see if it's been received then they'll release the handset and get it delivered.

There's usually a bit of a backlog on the emails though, I'd try and give Customer Services a call and chase it up otherwise it'll take longer.
    Ok thanks for the advice, btw do you know how much it costs to phone 08706 numbers when on a pay monthly tariff?
    Ok thanks for the advice, btw do you know how much it costs to phone 08706 numbers when on a pay monthly tariff?

20p per minute, bear in mind that all 08 numbers (including 0800) are charged at that price.
    Oh ok, thanks for all your help anyway, i'll post any updates here...
    Oh ok, thanks for all your help anyway, i'll post any updates here...

Sorry buddy, should have said it's free to call o2 from your o2 phone :)
    Nice, thats good thanks. Another question: is it true that I can downgrade my contract after 9 months?
    Yeah, but only one step per month.

i.e

£30 to £25 to £20 etc
    Ok thanks.
    It goes on :banghead:

O2 are deneying recieveing my phone, Royal mail said it was delivered the day after I sent it(Thursday).
    They want me to fax a copy of proof of posting through. How many people actually have a fax machine?
    So I have to travel 25 miles to get an O2 shop to do it.

Its getting riddiculas now :mad:
    Digital camera and email it to them?
    Digital camera and email it to them?

Thats what I thought. Scanning it. Tbh all they need is the reference code but the girl I spoke to was having none of it.
    kate- wrote: »
    It goes on :banghead:

O2 are deneying recieveing my phone, Royal mail said it was delivered the day after I sent it(Thursday).
    They want me to fax a copy of proof of posting through. How many people actually have a fax machine?
    So I have to travel 25 miles to get an O2 shop to do it.

Its getting riddiculas now :mad:

Quite often you can pay to fax things in places like libraries, I know theres some shops round here you can do it from too.
    Sent a PM, you can e-mail it to my work address if you want to and I can get it sorted for you?

Offers open anyway.
    I got an email from O2 saying they have dispatched my new phone. They gave me a 20 digit number so I can track my order via the Parceline website (why couldn't they just use Royal Mail like last time?) but it doesn't work. The tracking system they have isn't as simple as the Royal Mail one but I've tried pasting the code into every box but I get nothing. :(

Sara - You could try phoning them again, you may get a more understanding person and they may just accept the reference number. I have had problems resolved by doing this...

OMG I just tried tracking my order and it says on the Parceline website that they came at 15:19 and I wasn't in so they left a yellow card? It also says I have a white door. Theres no card at my house and I do not have a white door!
    I contacted O2 and Parceline. O2 said they'll email the right address to Parceline and Parceline confirmed the address they had and it was right! :S They will try to deliver again tomorrow, hopefully to my house this time..
    Sometimes if the courier can't make the drop they will make it up to cover their backs (as they can't just say 'i didnt get round to it'), its not uncommon but you're unlucky for it to happen to you. Hopefully tomorrow..
    Yeah hopefully it was something like that. Btw I phoned O2 again to confirm and this time they said we'll send you another one incase the first one doesn't arrive lol. I got another email saying my order has been dispached...What happens if I receive both? Will I be charged?
    They'll come seperately, so just refuse delivery of the second one (i.e don't sign for it) and it'll come back to us.
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    They'll come seperately, so just refuse delivery of the second one (i.e don't sign for it) and it'll come back to us.

God, I remember having to do that for 3, explain it in great detail and the whole shebang, urrrrgh. :banghead:

Don't be offended but I am so glad I don't work in a call centre anymore. 'Mon the office work! :D
    1983 wrote: »
    God, I remember having to do that for 3, explain it in great detail and the whole shebang, urrrrgh. :banghead:

Don't be offended but I am so glad I don't work in a call centre anymore. 'Mon the office work! :D

I know, I didn't know how cushy Mailbox in 3 was till I started in o2 - made about 1 outbound call the whole time I was there.

Getting pissed off with being on the phones like, had a hangover this morning and the first call of the day was somebody who didn't speak English but insisted on holding her screaming baby right up to the phone and just about blowing my eardrum off :grump: