Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Confessions of an old-aged pensioner

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Y'know what the trouble is with the youth of today? No flippin' taste, that's what.

Take some of your interests in music - who are half of this people? Toploader, M&M, Nice Girls - bloomin' awful!

Gawd' blimey - even that R Williams bloke is a popular singer with you young 'uns! He's bloomin' awful! He should stick to doing more "Mork & Mindy" - he's a funnier actor.

Why can't you young 'uns sample the simple listening pleasure of popular artists like Wings, Status Quo, Matt Bianco and George Formby?

Flippin 'eck - if it were a choice between listening to half of the guff you lot listen to and attending a "Gay Disco", I'd rather do the conga with Dale Winton strutting his stuff in front of me and Danny La Rue wiggling his nether regions around my rear.

I'm 73.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    oops, that was a slip up.

ur 73 - wouldn't the rock of the 60s and 70s be a bit beyond ur taste in music? i woulda thought the 50s woulda been ur decade.

And all the grown-ups say is sorry, cos we got no reply.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Very good - has Carol Vorderman ever heard of you?

Ageism is ripe in this country - I think you've just proved that.

And don't flippin' lip your elders! I'm a regular at The Legion's weekly karaoke evening and have been told that I do a excellent parody of Tom Jones performing "Kiss".

The women love it!

I'm 73.