Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

FA Cup 5th Round

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Fifth round fixtures:

Bristol Rovers v Southampton

Cardiff City v Wolves

Sheffield United v Middlesbrough

Liverpool v Barnsley

Manchester United v Arsenal

Preston v Portsmouth

Coventry City v West Brom

Chelsea v Huddersfield Town

The ties are scheduled to take place on 16 and 17 February.

Bring on the Southampton! :hyper:

Skive, are you coming up?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    bast.
    Man chew v the arse W00T!!
    These FA Cup draws are getting ridiculous. United haven't had a non-premiership draw since 2005. Once again Chelsea and Liverpool get off with easy home draws against lower league opposition. I know nothing's guaranteed with Liverpool these days, but Chelsea should just be given a by to the final, like last season.

Fuck it, it probably suits us better to play good opposition as it stops complacency and I'm confident we'll beat the gunners anyway. Looking forward to it!
    BlackArab wrote: »

Bring on the Bristol :D

Seriously though, I think we've got the easiest of all the draws.

Just hope we meet Pompey at some stage.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit

Skive, are you coming up?

I doubt it. Due to work I havn't been to game all season! :( That's bad.
    Weekender Offender 

I was at the Norwich v Soton game when Jamie Cureton an ex-player of ours scored two to beat you so I'm hoping for some of that luck. From what I remember your best player was Kenwyne Jones, glad we're not facing him! :yes:
    Skive wrote: »
    I doubt it. Due to work I havn't been to game all season! :( That's bad.

Too bad, know the feeling though my post grad finances have limited my attendance this season. After four years of student life having to pay grown up prices again have hit hard. :crying:

btw if your boys are not used to playing on a pitch that looks like a wet Glastonbury they could be in for a shock!
    Just found out I'm working that day :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

:D
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    That game was shit. Most boring game I've seen in a long while played on a diabolical pitch. Worst of all were Southampton who might as well have stayed at home.
    Weekender Offender 
    Liverpool knocked out by Barnsley at Anfield... LOL!! :D
    :lol::lol:

And United THRASH Arsenal 4-0, could have been 10!

Such a perfect day.
    Arsenal really didn't look like they gave a fuck either way, minds obviously elsewhere.

Liverpool gve me a good laugh though, the bin rakers have been shite in every round so far and got what they deserved today.
    I think you've witnessed the end of a few Arsenal careers there, and I'm sure I'm not the only Arsenal fan who hopes Eboue never pulls on the shirt again.

That said, like the Spurs loss, I don't think this will affect our league form.

There's not much you can do in these situations but salute the victors. :thumb:
    Not the game I was hoping for.
    United just played the perfect game against Arsenal. Let's hope a few teams in the league take note. It's really not that difficult if you get it right. If Fletcher can nullify Fabregas any cunt can.

As usual Arsenal resorted to diving, dirty tackles and petulance when things weren't going their way. Could have been a few serious injuries(especially to Nani) if some of those had of made proper contact. Eboue is a total cunt, we all know that, but a few others should have walked as well, even players that should know better like Gallas.
    The game at OT proves what most people know anyway. Man Utd are by far and away the best team in the league and if they don't win the title it will be because they've spuffed it away.

Liverpool's loss was hilarious, especially as on any other day they'd have put eight past Barnsley :lol:
    :D

I knew you'd be back as soon as possible to gloat over that you smug bugger.

Seriously, an awful game, an awful pitch and an awful team in red. What's worse is that our ineptitude was broadcast all over the world.
    my mate is an absolutely huuuuge liverpool fan - we watched the match together yesterday on t'net and her reaction when they lost.. my god :rolleyes:

im glad chelsea got through against huddersfield tho. if only cuz my dad is a supporter
    I knew you'd be back as soon as possible to gloat over that you smug bugger.

Seriously, an awful game, an awful pitch and an awful team in red. What's worse is that our ineptitude was broadcast all over the world.

We don't often get the chance to gloat plus after your dismissive comments about an easy game before the match I couldn't resist!!!
    Skive wrote: »
    That game was shit. Most boring game I've seen in a long while played on a diabolical pitch. Worst of all were Southampton who might as well have stayed at home.

I'll be the first to admit that our pitch is appalling but its working for us at the moment. I've got a horrible feeling we are going to get another Hampshire club in the next round now though...