Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

If you are thinking of trying coke for the first time but not sure

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Then don't. If you're not sure its probably because you think you might get addicted. If you think you might get addicted you will do.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I was worried when I first tried it that I'd be addicted, but I've had it a few times since then and that was a good few weeks ago.

Turned me into an arsehole and it wasn't as amazing as I thought it'd be, so I don't feel the need to go back to it.

It can be addictive though, should be really careful with it.
    Bit of a sweeping generalisation.

If you have sex, you will get pregnant and DIE!

Aaaanyways, my old flatmate absolutely loves it and I can see why as it can make you feel really happy and chatty for a bit - the first time I tried it and I actually felt a buzz from it was on the 12hour bus journey to T In The Park last year, done it off a 20p coin, haha.

I've had it a few times and it's not the great big amazing thing everyone makes it out to be, in my eyes anyways. Plus, I was worried I would get addicted.

Give me a swedger any day. Got addicted to them for a bit, the rush of the comeup was just a fantastic feeling, one of the first times I'd done it I swore I saw stars. Windmills...just wow..no night out was possible without one of them.

Now, I can give or take them. I only have one every few months now, whereas it was about at least 10 in the one week and that was between 2 nights out or so.

Oh, followed by K. Not the best concoction. How I held a job down is beyoooooond me with the shenanigans I got up to, but I managed nonetheless. :)

Anyways, not that I condone nor tell anyone to stay away from drugs, they're just there. You need to treat them with respect because things can turn ugly, very ugly.
    Meh I've snorted a fair share of charlie and I don't have an over-whelming desire to ever do it again tbh

I agree though it is addictive but for me the addiction mainly kicks in after my first line wears off
    I've also had it a fair few times but I have no desire to seek it out. If people offer me a line, i'll usually take it, but (at least the coke i've tried) is so overrated that i would never feel the urge to fork out actual money for it. Especially at the ridiculously expensive price it comes. The amount of actual cocaine that appears in an average gram is just stupid considering the price people pay.

Probably a good thing though really, if it was a tenner a gram we might have a whole load more addicts on our hands. Then again it might lose its glamourous image and people would be less inclined to do it.

Anyway i don't like the drug. It's a very selfish drug and turns people into pricks. But not everyone gets addicted, i think its usually the people who buy into its glamourous image that get addicted. And personally I don't think it's glamourous at all.

Give me some mdma anyday.
    Charlie is great but wouldn't be able to become addicted due to the price but it is a very morish drug to say the least and it's a selfish drug.
    I think its hard to get addicted unless you have the sort of money to be buying it on a daily basis.

But nah, aint as good as all the hype, and people generally turn to obnoxious little arseholes on it (myself included) so these days I steer clear :yes:
    i really enjoy sniffing abit of charlie on a saturday night if i have the money to afford it, i dont splash out that often but when i do i always have a good time. i wouldt buy it if i didnt have the spare cash and i always go halfs with a mate to keep cost down, tbh if i had more money then i would proberly take it more but at the moment im happy to just have it as a treat. x
    I think its nice and can see why people get into it, its quite more-ish, but tbh, knowing how more-ish it is, and the fact that if i have one line, i spend the rest of the time thinking about my next one kind of makes me want to do it less
    Never bothers me, in a more-ish sense.

Find it overrated, overpriced and generally don't bother with it.

Because I'm not that impressed with it any more (or at the time), I find it hard to understand how people could get really onto it. I just find, even when I've had 'good' stuff, that it's NOT a big enough high to feel the need to carry on. And on. And on.
    I have a few lines about once every 3 months 'cos I don't want to rely on it more often than that. Only using it from time to time and on a special occasions, gives me a pleasant lift for the evening.
    i just like a bit of coke now and agin...don't really think its all that great your constantly chasing a buzz looking to get more out of it...also i can get very aggressive on it if wound up so i usually dont bother with it..

do pills instead :thumb:
    i thought i would get addicted cos i get addicted well easily but i didnt.
    coke really isn't as amazing as people say it is.
    If you think you might get addicted you will do.
    Bollox!
    Personaly i always prefered the roughness of amphet ...coke was to smooth for uncouth people like me ...but very nice shot up with some smack!
    Bollox!

Actually, agreed. What a load of shit. :lol: :eek2:
    coke is the biggest load of balls, at 40 quid a gram it is ridiculuosly dear!!! it barely does anything and its addictive!! its a drug for people who take drugs for the sake of takin drugs!! coke is a dangerous road to go down for a drug that does very little!! for flip sake dope does more to you!! if ur gona take any class a u should beat a few pills into ya, they hardly cost anything and ur fucked for ages, i know a lot of people will say they are worse which i could well beleive but coke is completly pointless!!!
    I'm amazed at how many exclamation marks you can fit into a reply.
    I do it sometimes before a night out. i think its sold at silly prices..
    the first time was the best but that taste was nasty YUCK!!!
    so the rule is dont do any mouth swalling movements :D
    but to be honest it is not a long high it lasted for about 20 mins and that was a waste of money could have got a nice pair of jeans from river island hahaha

and as for it being addictive it is after a line and when its gone im ok.. otherwise i don't think about doing it during everyday life.. :)
    Shogun wrote: »
    Charlie is great but wouldn't be able to become addicted due to the price but it is a very morish drug to say the least and it's a selfish drug.

Perhaps we should put the price of tobacco up to £40 a packet? :chin:
    WLH wrote: »
    Perhaps we should put the price of tobacco up to £40 a packet? :chin:

nicee idea..
    :thumb:
    And then people would just buy even more smuggled ciggies/duty free than they do now.