Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Confused about future career.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ive wanted a new job for a while now (Ive worked at Tesco long enough now) but theres nothing really that I can do,or inspires me or interests me (except the Marines but I`ll come to that).
I havent got any proper qualifications to help me get a job except GCSEs and I dont want to go to college because I want a proper job with decent money.
I could have been a paratrooper but I messed that up in the first week of training by coming home so I cant really go into the marines following that.
I want a job that inspires me,interests me and Im passionate about and love doing.A challenging job that can push me.
I think thats why Im attracted to the marines,all the physical side,living out in all weathers,travel,danger,good mates and being able to rely on myself to survive.
But Im really put off by my fuck up with the paras,if I got in rm would I just do the same thing again?AM I the right material to get in and finish the course,do I even really want to do that?
I think I do,I just have this fear holding me back.I think its a fear of change,of being out of my comfort zone,being away from home and the familiar so I just kind of forget about it and carry on.
Plus,everyone telling me theres no point going back to the forces seeing as "you had your chance and blew it".Then again,I was a different person back then,young,immature,no life experience and straight out of school with no real self confidence.
Hmm,I need to think hard on this one.

Comments

• Options
    The Leaf wrote: »
    Plus,everyone telling me theres no point going back to the forces seeing as "you had your chance and blew it".

That's kinda harsh. If you're still up for it and you really really want it, go for it.
    I've got a friend who dropped out of his uni course after a few weeks, but he's planning on going back to the same course after a few years to try again, because he'll want it more then so he'll try harder.

Being out of your comfort zone is scary, but if you want it that much, you might as well try.

I think you might as well try. Go for it :thumb:

And when you do join the Marines, if you're struggling with it, just think of spending the rest of your life working in Tescos, that'll keep you going :D
  • Options
    Why don't you consider doing an outdoor job? My friend at university is a certified rafting instructor and does pretty well. What about doing a personal trainer course?