Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Eggs!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Oh how i love eggs, i doooo. I have at least one a day, boiled or in a omlette or sometimes scrambled. Are they bad for you though? My mum keeps on at me about how they can 'bind you', whatever that even means. sounds like an old wifeys take to me. true or not?

Comments

• Options
    I think they're quite high in cholesterol, other than that I dont know!
  • Options
    Yeah, they are real high :( but you can eat lots of eggwhites :D
  • Options
    there are a lot worse things you could be eating.
    I see no harm in it
  • Options
    egg a day keeps the egg cravings away!
  • Options
    Glittery wrote: »
    I think they're quite high in cholesterol, other than that I dont know!

True, but what type. There's good and bad cholesterol, plus the fact that the vast majority of cholesterol in your body is produced by your body.

Being veggie i eat a lot of eggs and my cholesterol count, considering i'm a tad 'cuudly' is only 2.8 :)
  • Options
    They're only "bad" for you if your family has high cholesterol. If so then just eat the egg whites.
  • Options
    Not necessarly, my family on either side has no history of high cholesterol yet at 22 and pretty healthy I mine is 230 or 220 or something :\

But as Rubber says, it not necissairly bad, only if you have high to begin with you should stay away from the yolks... found this... http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/cholesterol/HQ00608
  • Options
    When i first heard about the Mayo clinic, i thought it was to do with mayonnaise :D
  • Options
    paperdoll wrote: »
    My mum keeps on at me about how they can 'bind you', whatever that even means. sounds like an old wifeys take to me. true or not?

She means it can make your "toileting" less regular

Its true as far as im aware
  • Options
    Yeah I've been told this before. Apparently can leave you constipated if you have too many? How many constitutes as "too many" I have no idea.

My mate has 5 boiled eggs every night for some crazy gym thing he has going on. Dread to think what they do to him!
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,283 Skive's The Limit
    Eggs are good. Proper poached eggs on muffins are best. :yum:
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    lol no need to worry about cholesterol from eggs

There is actually not a great deal of worry between dietary chloesterol and it getting into the stream as much as people think

I have on occasion eating upto 15-20 whole/partial eggs per day and I know people who eat a damn lot more than that sometimes too

1 egg per day will be nothing lol