Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

National Lottery

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited January 2023 in General Chat
What do you think about Branson being turned down for the National Lottery? I thought the government had said they wanted it to be run on a not-for-profit basis. Was Branson the right person for the job?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Personally, I think Branson is the coolest entrepeneur around. He's got a great personality, he usually does a pretty good job with his companies and his business practice is very, very sound.

However, he should not run the lottery if they want it done on a non-profit basis. Branson is a money-maker, and the idea of giving away money to good causes, which he has done in the past, wont strike his fancy.

I dunno...the lottery needs somone like Branson, but completely different.

I'm ranting again.

Viti kuin muuri.
    Originally posted by Turtle:
    Personally, I think Branson is the coolest entrepeneur around. He's got a great personality, he usually does a pretty good job with his companies and his business practice is very, very sound.

However, he should not run the lottery if they want it done on a non-profit basis. Branson is a money-maker, and the idea of giving away money to good causes, which he has done in the past, wont strike his fancy.

I dunno...the lottery needs somone like Branson, but completely different.

I'm ranting again.

Maybe Branson wanted the Lottery to help him more with his "Mr Nice Guy" image. All money going to charities and winnings.

Personally I think Branson is sly and there is something about him which I can't quite put my finger on. He just seems too nice to be true! He seems false!

Don't take life seriously because you can't come out of it alive
    Actually, most of what I wrote was bullshit newa - I read the news article and it said that Branson was gonna give more the programs than Camelot. Yeah, he's sly, but he's cool

Viti kuin muuri.
    i met branson on a "charter flight" weird i know and he seemed a bloody nice bloke. at least he has the ambition to make it better, camelot are way too boring!
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    j