Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

anyone familiar with ephidril?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
buddy at work has got some ephidril of a friend to try as he's heard they are good appitite surpressants.

being the morans that we were, we decided to try one this morning.

really didnt feel like eating all day, even not much so now, just had a couple of satsumas.

what exactly are they? anyone heard of them?

they came from Turkey apparently

thanks

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I presume they are just ephadrine, a relative of amphetamine but much lower down the scale. I believe its covered by the medicines act, so importing them without a licence would be against the law.

Its a stimulant, if you use too many you will end up with an irregular heart beat and could potentially stroke or have a heart attack - though that risk is low as long as your not using handfuls.
    wont be having any more of them then.

seen as i already have heart probs.
    That would indeed be a wise move.
    Hi, Like Budda, i presume that they have at least a base in ephadrine. there is a trend of drugs coming over to this country from the middle east currently (for example neo doves) which have no ingredients listed anywhere- either on the net or on the packaging. this tends to make me suspicious, and i certainly wouldnt advise taking anything that i did not know the source of.
    As Budda says, ephadrine is much like amphetamine, and i cannot recall any weight loss products that do not have some form of speed in them, although i am not an expert in weight control!!!
    I cannot really add much, but I did do a bit of digging and (for what it is worth) this is what I found (most of it reasonably consistent with what other posters have provided;

*Looked in a US drug guide I have called The Physicians Drug Handbook (5th ed.) and found nothing. Ditto nothing in the BNF (UK NHS drug bible).

*Did a bit of internet digging; nothing of note on Google; cross-checked this with another (and quite useful) search engine called Clusty - still nothing.

*Checked PubMed (directory of medical and scientific research) - nothing.

However;

*What I did find was that there are alot of posts on websites like this one, asking for information on this drug. Most of the sites were .de (Germany) addresses, with a few .nl (Holland) and a couple of .fr (France) in each one.

This is only speculation, but if you are saying they came from Turkey then following the human migration trail this would be a consistent scenario based on many of the results being in Germany (which has a great many links with Turkey, in terms of migration and movement of goods).

Sorry I couldn't tell you what is actually in them; but this absence of information across the board should (from my perspective, and as previous posters have stated) make you wary; particularly in light of your condition
    I used to take ephedra stackers (ephedrine, aspirin and caffeine in them, i believe )all the time a couple of years ago to aid weight loss. I had a very irregular heartbeat and was really ill. They did suppress my appetite though and i did lose tons of weight but the side effects over the time i was taking them were horrendous.

That being said, i'd probably take them again, just to aid weight loss, but that's because i'm an idiot and have little self control.
    That being said, i'd probably take them again, just to aid weight loss, but that's because i'm an idiot and have little self control.

I doubt that you are an idiot, but if you feel as though you cannot stop yourself, or are likely to continue using a substance that you know is having unfavourable effects upon you, then you should consider talking to your GP about this. Especially if this is linked to weight control, as this could potentially cause mental and physical health problems in the future.

You should talk to your GP about this, and at least make them aware of the situation.
    ECA stacks are yuk!

I was running them higher than recommended

They also recommend you cycle it 5 days on/2 o ff

I did it pretty much 6 months straight, bad anxiety, shakes, jibbing, and I crashed when i came off, slept for a week

Some people don't mind it though

Clenbuterol is a good one
    I doubt that you are an idiot, but if you feel as though you cannot stop yourself, or are likely to continue using a substance that you know is having unfavourable effects upon you, then you should consider talking to your GP about this. Especially if this is linked to weight control, as this could potentially cause mental and physical health problems in the future.

You should talk to your GP about this, and at least make them aware of the situation.

Oh, i have 'substance misuse' all over my notes already. My GP gives up.

CheeseonToast - have you taken Clenbuterol before? I heard about that one, but heard differing opinions of it. ECA had shitty side effects, but they did work!
    My GP gives up.

Substance misuse is a contraindication, not a lepers bell. If you have problems of this kind and need some help then your GP should always be your first port of call.

I sincerely hope your GP hasn't 'given up', but if he is concerned about your use then your should be too.
    Substance misuse is a contraindication, not a lepers bell. If you have problems of this kind and need some help then your GP should always be your first port of call.

I sincerely hope your GP hasn't 'given up', but if he is concerned about your use then your should be too.

I'm clean. I went to rehab and have been ever since (18 months now). My GP didn''t help though, the mental health services did. The problem wasn't getting help, it was aftercare (which never materialised) and after being institutionalised for 6 months the big wide world is a very scary place. Going to my GP now to explain i am struggling would probably be more trouble than it's worth (i have a child now). The system is pretty fucked.