Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Photo Thread - Baby Style

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    A little video I made. I should have made this 2 years ago but just got round to doing so now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DLGgFuWgn8
  • Options
    A little video I made. I should have made this 2 years ago but just got round to doing so now.

Very nice.:)
    I suppose it's time for an update seeing as Theo's going to be 1 next week :O

I always thought he was slightly younger than that. He's cute.
  • Options

hes just so lovely! Brought a tear to my eye too
  • Options
    Félix

His smile is just infectious, and I LOVE that Batman tee :cool:

Here are my girls in the park, utterly fascinated by nothing other than wood chippings. What's the point in expensive toys when things picked up off the floor always prove so much more interesting...?

Astrid in the front (with hat on the wrong way round as I just noticed, thanks Dad!) and Silvia pretty in pink.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Aw, cute! :D
    briggi wrote: »
    What's the point in expensive toys when things picked up off the floor always prove so much more interesting...?
    I know, the twins (my half-siblings) always played with their toys' boxes more than with the toys themselves. :lol:
  • Options

Here are my girls in the park, utterly fascinated by nothing other than wood chippings. What's the point in expensive toys when things picked up off the floor always prove so much more interesting...?

Astrid in the front (with hat on the wrong way round as I just noticed, thanks Dad!) and Silvia pretty in pink.

Oh my Briggi, they are so big! How old are they now? Seems just a minute ago they were born *tear*
  • Options

what a fabulous picture!!

Theyre so big and gorgeous!! Its funny how you always imagine other peoples babies to stay the same way they were in the last pic you saw, and then feel all shocked when they look totally different :heart:
  • Options
    Briggi - your girls are utterly gorgeous.
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    oh Briggi they are adorable...I am a babysitter whenever one is required! :heart:
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    oh Briggi they are adorable...I am a babysitter whenever one is required! :heart:
    I live closer :p. So I should be babysitter!
  • Options

Briggi, I remember like it was yesterday when they were born prematurely and those long days at the hospital... this is the first pic I've seen of them since those days and let me say that they are simply gorgeous girls. I am very happy for you :thumb:
  • Options
    It must be nearly a year ago now, they were born on Easter day weren't they?
    and yes they are totally gorgeous! :heart:
  • Options
    They were born on Easter Sunday, that's right. They'll be 1 on April 8th, though they also have a 'corrected age' for medical reasons, since they were premature.

Cheers you lot, yes I think they're rather cute girls myself :)
  • Options
    so are you celebrating their actual birthdate or the one doctors made up?
  • Options
    The day they were born, though two celebrations are always better than one... :thumb:
  • Options
    :D
    I had wondered how age is calculated for premature babies - after all their birthdate is much sooner than a full term baby and so they are actually younger, even though age is still counted from birth. Is the corrected age just worked out by adding a few more weeks on to when they were born?
  • Options
    I think corrected age is only counted for a little while though.
    I remember with Lenny, they used both ages for the first few months, but then just the actual age. He wasnt as prem as Astrid and Silvia though.
    How early were they?
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    My dad has told me that he was told that premature babies "catch up" to full-term ones at about 3 years old.
  • Options
    it depends.
    Lenny was prem but only 5 weeks, but for most stuff he was up to average within the first 6 or 7 months, although he has some problems still that who knows whether its because of being premature or not.

Other babies have problems for a year or so, maybe more, others can unfortunately be affected for life
  • Options
    They were almost three months premature, 11 weeks to be precise. So now although they are 10 months now they are actually only 7 months corrected age.

Age - months premature = corrected age.

They are measuring up really well against their peers (that sounds funny when talking about babies rather than politicians or something :D) but they still have their developmental problems and possibly will continue to have. Time will tell. I'm not worried, I am convinced they're smart cookies and I know they are drop dead adorable :)