Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Eyeliner

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I use GOSH pencils, they are very good.
  • Options
    I wear liquid eyeliner. It took absolutely AGES for me to get the hang of it though (and my attempt at being a mosher probably helped)

Practise makes perfect I suppose, try and get a brand of eyeliner that has a small brush, Avon is brilliant and you'll find all the expensive brands have really long, thin brushes. Here is a pic of my eye today lol.

untitled-1.jpg
  • Options
    I use GOSH pencils, they are very good.

:yes: yeah thats generally what i use. the liquid versions are also very good.

tho whenever on the off chance i manage to get some of the stuff in my eye it hurts like HELL! with other liquid eyeliners ive had it doesnt generally tend to hurt when i have a mishap but these ones do :impissed:

i also invested in an urban decay 'eyeshadow transforming potion' the other day
    http://www.urbandecay.com/categories/EyeshadowTransformingPotion.cfm
    and its great!! can use it with virtually any eyeshadow and it looks great. im always using for nights out when i use it heavily on my upper lids
  • Options
    soraliah wrote: »
    i also invested in an urban decay 'eyeshadow transforming potion' the other day
    http://www.urbandecay.com/categories/EyeshadowTransformingPotion.cfm
    and its great!! can use it with virtually any eyeshadow and it looks great. im always using for nights out when i use it heavily on my upper lids
    That sooo doesn't make any sense to my mind. You can turn any eyeshadow into an eyeliner with a brush and some water - why spend money on a 'potion' when you can do it yourself for free? :eek2:
  • Options
    That sooo doesn't make any sense to my mind. You can turn any eyeshadow into an eyeliner with a brush and some water - why spend money on a 'potion' when you can do it yourself for free? :eek2:

hmm.. yeah u do have a point :blush: i must have been lured in by the fancy packaging or something.. or the name.
    i cant say ive ever made eyeliners using water and eyeshadow tho. never crossed my mind. i feel a bit of an idiot now :rolleyes:
  • Options
    xsazx wrote: »
    They do this cool dust stuff in bluewater where with vasaline mixed it's lipgloss, on its own eye shadow, with water liquid eye shadow, with varnish works as a fab nail varnish but is £30 for 4 minute pots (not even 2x2cm)
    It's good shit though, lasts AGES.

I bought some of that, they had it 6 for £25 I think at a place in Chelmsford. Me, my sister and my stepmum got 2 pots each and it's awesome.
  • Options
    xsazx wrote: »
    They do this cool dust stuff in bluewater where with vasaline mixed it's lipgloss, on its own eye shadow, with water liquid eye shadow, with varnish works as a fab nail varnish but is £30 for 4 minute pots (not even 2x2cm)

Ooh that sounds interesting! Do you know whats it called?
  • Options
    piecesofme wrote: »
    Ooh that sounds interesting! Do you know whats it called?

I'm guessing its MAC pigments? http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/templates/products/sp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CAT4729&PRODUCT_ID=PROD66124

If so, I love them. My purse does not, however so own few.
  • Options
    Oh mai they are a little bit expensive, I may have to hint lot's for valentines day :chin:
  • Options
    Acrobat wrote: »
    I'm guessing its MAC pigments? http://www.maccosmetics.co.uk/templates/products/sp.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CAT4729&PRODUCT_ID=PROD66124

If so, I love them. My purse does not, however so own few.
    Not MAC pigments, but pretty much the same thing.