Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Sutton, Surrey

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Anyone live or work there?

Whats it like? Is it all happening there or some sleepy town?

I didn't even know it existed till today :D
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    It's not really Surrey.

Well, it is and it isn't, it's one of the bits of Surrey that is very much greater London. Not far from Croydon and that ilk.
  • Options
    It's not really Surrey.

Well, it is and it isn't, it's one of the bits of Surrey that is very much greater London. Not far from Croydon and that ilk.

So is it rough and chavy?

Is it in London then??? :confused:

Or did you mean, it could almost be part of London?
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Do you have a job sweetie?
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    Do you have a job sweetie?

Not yet.

Just inquiring about places to live.
  • Options
    Calvin wrote: »
    Not yet.

Just inquiring about places to live.

I have heard Burnley is good place to live, you should try to find a job there!

who am I kidding, I am just trying to get normal people into this land
  • Options
    Its in Surry but the area comes under the London borough of Kingston (I think).
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    who am I kidding, I am just trying to get normal people into this land

What makes you think Im normal? :crazyeyes :shocking:
  • Options
    Depends on your definition of London.

On a national scale it's London, on a local scale, it's greater London, and part of a London Borough I believe.

Not particularly chavvy.
  • Options
    What makes you think Im normal? :crazyeyes :shocking:

anyone more normal than me counts as normal my deary :hyper:
  • Options
    I live in Sutton... (Kinda anyway, I live in Hackbridge now but its next door ish)

Its alright, like most towns really, can be shit and full of chavs some times can be good others...

Its got great transport links into central London. Also next door to places like Kingston & Croydon which are bigger / better towns.

Any specifics you wanna know?
  • Options
    We are currently selling a flat in Sutton!

My grandma lived there for years, like anywhere it has its nice bits and not so nice bits. If you are looking for a flat then there are some really good options out there... as JamesZero said, excellent transport links!
  • Options
    Just didnt really know anything about the place. Was worried it was going to be some sleepy commuter town.

I would only be working in the town. I take it there is plenty shops, cinemas and pubs?

Plus, anyone know how much the train costs to london?
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Plus, anyone know how much the train costs to london?

Day Return £7.50, Day single £4.10, Cheap day return (after 0930) £5. Railcards only permitted on CDR. Weekly season £30.50, Month £117.20, Annual £1220.00

Be careful because its known on the ticketing systems as 'Sutton (Surrey)' or 'Sutton (London)'.Watch out you dont get Sutton Coldfield or Sutton Parkway - neither as which are near!
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    Day Return £7.50, Day single £4.10, Cheap day return (after 0930) £5. Railcards only permitted on CDR. Weekly season £30.50, Month £117.20, Annual £1220.00

Be careful because its known on the ticketing systems as 'Sutton (Surrey)' or 'Sutton (London)'.Watch out you dont get Sutton Coldfield or Sutton Parkway - neither as which are near!

:thumb:
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote: »
    I live in Sutton... (Kinda anyway, I live in Hackbridge now but its next door ish)

Its alright, like most towns really, can be shit and full of chavs some times can be good others...

Its got great transport links into central London. Also next door to places like Kingston & Croydon which are bigger / better towns.

Any specifics you wanna know?
    Kingston is a lovely place to live. It has the river, it has a few nice pubs (if you can find them.... message me for recommendations), parks with wild deer, it's very safe, it's good for shopping...

On the downside... It's VERY expensive. If you can pay the bills then it's Ok...