Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Holiday help!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Me and my boyf are trying to find somewhere to go on holiday but I feel totally stuck! Has anyone been to the following and could they recommend it for us? I'd like a nice beach and some good nightlife/restaurants.

Any of the Greek Islands, especially Cyprus
Italy
Barcelona

Or if you have any other ideas :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    What time of year do you want to go? And how much night life do you want - there are load of places which are only about night life - like Ibiza and Kavos - but i'm suspecting you might want something slightly more chilled without being overly cheesy.

I didn't really get that excited by Bacelona when I went - but I know loads of people who love it and it has the added bonus of being a proper city - thus with good non forced holiday enjoyment nightlife - and right near a beach!

Italy is good but you probably need to go to a fairly large town for the night life to be good maybe Naples?- as otherwise in the more touristy places it can be a bit middle aged - though there are a few other places which are more young and happening - like the venice lido or Rimini.

Greek Islands are all very very beautiful - but you would need to check out the nightlife on each individually and from resort to resort - or you could go island hopping between them if your feeling adventuros - its easy to get ferries and there are always a wealth of people appearing at the port just wanting you to stay in their guesthouse.

My other suggestions are Nice or Cannes i've seen some really cute apartments to rent so you can pretend your local plus there are beaches and food and you can go on day trips to places as well - and there are good proper clubs in Nice - though you would do well to stay in nice if you wanted to go out there.

Or Essouria in Morroco which looks like its really nice and would be something differenct and has a beach. Plus you can stay in beautiful places like this
  • Options
    Croatia!
  • Options
    1983 wrote: »
    Croatia!

Ohh yes Zagreb is supposed to have excellent clubbing which is suprising as most of it looks like croydon - and then you could go and chill out in Hvar!
  • Options
    Indeed, any of the islands or along the coast in general is great :)
  • Options
    thankyous. anymore comments would be good:)
  • Options
    im just back from berlin if your looking for goodnight life it is brilliant over there...what time of the year are you going??its cold there now and to be honest you would be safer going in the busy season....its so chaep aswell and there is loads of things to do and see...

ive been to Sicily and it is a beautiful place but the night life is only good in the big cities and it is quite hard to get around...you would probably need to rent a car..
  • Options
    I love Greece - the atmosphere, food, surroundings. It's beautiful, heavenly.

My favourite spot is Santorini, last time I went I stayed with friends at a campsite on a black sand beach. The previous time I was there I stayed with my mum in a luxury hotel - it has it all. I loved the free-spirited vibe there was there.

It depends how much you have to spend, really - the days of Greece being very inexpensive are fast dissapearing!

Santorini is expensive and the beaches are black sand which does put some people off (it was an attraction for me!) but there's lots in the way of eateries and clubs for night-time entertainment. Mykonos is also similar in the price stakes.

If you want somewhere up-beat and clubby with beaches and peace and quiet then Ios is good - you need to get there by ferry from Santorini though which adds travel time!

Corfu has beautiful beaches, lovely people and is a safe nightlife bet.

Rhodes or Crete are a bit less pricey depending on the deal you get - are you planning to package-deal it? Resort wise in Rhodes anywhere near to Lindos i.e. Lardos/Pefkos/Stegna have nice beaches. Lindos itself is very picturesque BUT can be hellishly busy with the daily tourist influx. Pefkos is gorgeous but was a bit quiet... could well have changed in the last 5 years of course.

In Italy I'd recommend Naples, too. Nightlife is good and it has a great med-feel. The men can be a bit dodgy but hey, it's not that much of a problem and much less so if you're there in a couple. Milan is good for clubbing but it is a HORRIBLE city. Venice seems to only have 3 clubs and they're all crap so... avoid :lol:

I have to suggest Germany or the Netherlands, even though I don't think that's quite what you're after!
  • Options
    We went to Agios Nikolas in Crete - that had some lovely restaurants along the lakes, and a couple of good, but small beaches. Not sure about the nightlife but it was a reasonable sized town so could be a possibly perhaps....
  • Options
    Rhodes is quite nice for couples, lot of nice beaches but it's quite touristy. A decent enough nightlife but it's hardly Ibizia.

Corfu would maybe be your best bet if you're looking at Greece :yes:
  • Options
    Bri-namite wrote: »

Corfu would maybe be your best bet if you're looking at Greece :yes:

:yes:

I love all Greek islands, but Corfu is beautiful :)
  • Options
    Depends what you're after. You wanting a relaxed atmosphere or party atmosphere? Guessing the Greek islands has all that you could want really..

Me and the boyf wanna go on holiday, but think he's off on a boys holiday to Greece somewhere too. We'll probably just end up with a quite weekend, or if I'm lucky, a week in Dublin or somewhere - which I quite like the idea of.. he hates flying :( damn him...
  • Options
    I love Croatia! I'm biased, though, because I was there with a close friend... Greece is pretty, but I went to this tiny island outside of Rhodes called Karpathos. It was nice, but I don't know about the nightlife. Otherwise, all I can suggest is Goa.