Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Mmm lidl beer

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Perlenbacher. Love it. Plus i've only drank 2 bottles and i'm tipsy enough to be inspired into writing a board about it.

And the mozzarella pizza mmmmmmm.

Comments

• Options
    mmmm yummy beer
  • Options
    I used to love it when I worked at lidle, got the cheap beer for even cheaper with all the staff discount :thumb:
  • Options
    piecesofme wrote: »
    I used to love it when I worked at lidle, got the cheap beer for even cheaper with all the staff discount :thumb:

You worked there but you can't spell the name of the shop :p
  • Options
    I think I read this here or am I going crazy... is Lidl the same as Aldi or whatever its called?

And I've never been in one, but is it true they only sell "Aldi" brand stuff... like aldi cola and other weird stuff :p
  • Options
    I think I read this here or am I going crazy... is Lidl the same as Aldi or whatever its called?

And I've never been in one, but is it true they only sell "Aldi" brand stuff... like aldi cola and other weird stuff :p
    They're very similar but not exactly the same. Both German, i've been told it used to be one company owned by two brothers who then fell out and made two company's, not sure if there's any truth in that though.

They do sell name brand stuff, at least in lidl, can't remember for sure if aldi do. But yes most of it is there own brand, some of it might be random foreign brands though i'm not sure. But most of it is very high quality, and very well priced. Go there and buy the 'mozzarella' pizzas, they come in a pack of 2 and should be £2, you won't regret it ;)
  • Options
    :o That sounded bad, I'm all about generic stuff before I sound like a bitch :p ... except this one store I went in, you had to pay for a bag, else you just had to carry things individually unless you brought your own bag, that was weird. I do like pizza and I do like cheap, I think theres an Aldi down the road I'll have to have a look tomorrow on my way to work... :thumb:
  • Options
    You worked there but you can't spell the name of the shop :p

Silly me :blush:
  • Options
    Aldi have their own range of "brands" and you don't tend to see normal High Street brands in there. That's a good thing, though, as Aldi stuff is normally infinitely better.

Take your own plastic bags though!
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »

Take your own plastic bags though!

Why so?
  • Options
    Why so?

You have to pay for the bags. It's like 3p for a small and 5p for a large bag.
    Though I used to forget to charge people for the bags :/
  • Options
    I like the fact they charge for bags, i know they're probably doing it entirely for economical rather than environmental reasons but it's still helping. I hate the amount of plastic bags that are used in other supermarkets. When i worked in a co-op and people would ask for a bag when buying just a kit kat or something i would not be happy :mad: