Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

feeling broody

124»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I get broody sometimes too, a couple of situations have come up in the last few years where being a daddy has been on the cards but for pone reason or another it's not happened.

I know a couple of guys who are dads but aren't with the mum and I can see how it gives them something amazingly meaningful in their life etc.

Not for me at the moment though, a kid should always be born out of love where possible plus I've barely enough money to look after myself never mind a screaming bairn :no:
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Congratulations! :)
    Really cute baby.
    shes gorgeous!!!!!
    big congratulations, and what an excellent weight, well done!!
    I hope the birth went alright for you

I really like the name too :D
    Aww, she's lovely :D Well done!! :yippe:

Suzy... you'll have to tell me what it's like to have 2 close together... my husband wants us to have 2 really close together like that, I'm on the fence a little as it must be really hard work... (it'd be me doing the hard work after all ;) )
    im expecting it to be a living hell for the first year and then to be fantastic when they can both play together and are into the same sort of things at the same time, but i'll have to let you know.
    Theres a 6 year gap between my 1st two, which is a really easy age gap so far, but it is a shame that Lenny never really had a playmate sibling
    Yeah I No - what a lovely baby you have. I quite like the name as well.
    im expecting it to be a living hell for the first year and then to be fantastic when they can both play together and are into the same sort of things at the same time, but i'll have to let you know.
    Theres a 6 year gap between my 1st two, which is a really easy age gap so far, but it is a shame that Lenny never really had a playmate sibling

How Did your first cope with not being the one one with sole attention anymore?
    Theres gonna be a fair gap between James and our next as he will be 4 1/2 ish before we start trying for no2.
    Yeah I no wrote: »
    :wave:

I had her yesterday afternoon at 4.15pm! She's called Ruby. I cant believe she's finally here!:yippe: She weighed 8lbs 4oz, just came from hosital this afternoon.

Heres a pic to make you all more broody! (I'll tell you my birth story and then you wont be as broody!;) But I'd do it all again for her:heart::love:
    Congrats, she's gorgeous and I love the name Ruby.
    I get very broody too but I know that at the moment it's not a good time to have kids.
    Tweety wrote: »
    How Did your first cope with not being the one one with sole attention anymore?
    Theres gonna be a fair gap between James and our next as he will be 4 1/2 ish before we start trying for no2.

He coped fine. There hasnt really been any noticeable jealousy at all, but weve been quite careful to make sure he wasnt left out, but he was at an age where he was really interested in the pregnancy, came to scans and was really excited about it all. He just absolutely adores Félix and vice versa.
    Funnily enough though hes not particularly interested in this pregnancy, I guess its old hat for him now!

good luck for when you start trying!!
    He coped fine. There hasnt really been any noticeable jealousy at all, but weve been quite careful to make sure he wasnt left out, but he was at an age where he was really interested in the pregnancy, came to scans and was really excited about it all. He just absolutely adores Félix and vice versa.
    Funnily enough though hes not particularly interested in this pregnancy, I guess its old hat for him now!

good luck for when you start trying!!

Thanks :) hes really really sweet and good when i hold other peoples babies. Just hope hes the same when we have our own.
    8 year gap between No 2 and 3... Suzy is right, it's important (IME) to get the older sibling involved after the early stages - even to the point of getting them to suggest names. Makes baby part of the family before it even arrives...
    even to the point of getting them to suggest names..

Just dont feel you have to actually USE those names he suggests :lol:
    Lol i will use the so and so is a nice name ISNT it?!! lol
    Just dont feel you have to actually USE those names he suggests :lol:

:yes: Just after a friend's baby was born, they were thinking of names (he said before the baby was born, that if it was a boy, he wanted to call him Andrew Andrew Andrews:lol: ) and his children suggested Fluffy.
    Melian wrote: »
    :yes: Just after a friend's baby was born, they were thinking of names (he said before the baby was born, that if it was a boy, he wanted to call him Andrew Andrew Andrews:lol: ) and his children suggested Fluffy.
    :lol: and aww.
    i'm feeling so so broody atm even more so that normal. :blush:

babies just seem to be everywhere at the minute. i spent the day with my friend and her little boy and it made me so much worse. me and my bf have just been discussing the future too and he said, jokingly of course, 'lets just make babies'. :yeees:

thank god i'm sensible enough to know its totaaaaally the wrong time, however much it kills me :blush: :crying:
    lexilex wrote: »
    i'm feeling so so broody atm even more so that normal. :blush:

babies just seem to be everywhere at the minute. i spent the day with my friend and her little boy and it made me so much worse. me and my bf have just been discussing the future too and he said, jokingly of course, 'lets just make babies'. :yeees:

thank god i'm sensible enough to know its totaaaaally the wrong time, however much it kills me :blush: :crying:

Borrow a new born for 48 hours, that will put you off!!! My little angel sleeps all day and wakes at night till about 2/3am then sleeps till about 9am! She is getting better some nights, she is deffo worth the sleepless nights tho:heart:
    Yeah I no wrote: »
    Borrow a new born for 48 hours, that will put you off!!! My little angel sleeps all day and wakes at night till about 2/3am then sleeps till about 9am! She is getting better some nights, she is deffo worth the sleepless nights tho:heart:

How are you feeling? Is everything going well? It does take a while to get into a routine, thats normal.

I cant wait to just not be pregnant anymore. I feel like ive been pregnant for bloody YEARS (which I have I guess, since i only had a 3 mth break before falling again) Starting to get all uncomfortable and knackered and pissed off now and i want my body back :crying:

only 9 weeks to go!!
    How are you feeling? Is everything going well? It does take a while to get into a routine, thats normal.

I cant wait to just not be pregnant anymore. I feel like ive been pregnant for bloody YEARS (which I have I guess, since i only had a 3 mth break before falling again) Starting to get all uncomfortable and knackered and pissed off now and i want my body back :crying:

only 9 weeks to go!!

Im feeling great thanks, thought I would be very tired all the time cos I loved my sleep before she was born, but I feel fine!

Ruby is doing great, I had to have a vontuse (sp) delivery cos my contractions slowed down and wasnt very strong, they tried a drip to speed them up but that didnt work:( so they asked me if I wanted to get doc and I said yeah, I was so tired and just wanted her out! Her head was sooooo bruised:crying: and I felt bad for not being able to deliver her 'normally' but her head is 100% now, and the swelling is going down aswell.

Awww, I know what you mean about wanting them out. It drags sooo much. It doesnt help in the last weeks when people are txting you, ringing you all time, asking you how your feeling!:mad: It felt so wierd standing up for 1st time when I gave birth! I felt really slim and its like you walk different! I am slimmer now tho then before I fell pregnant cos I had morning sickness all the way through my pregnancy! Its great!:D
    I know what you mean about feeling slim afterwards. I remember when I had Lenny, i was walking down the hospital corridor feeling light as a feather and really slim.......................and then i caught sight of my reflection in the window still looking about 6 months pregnant :S
    since i only had a 3 mth break before falling again

Wow i must have missed this!!!!
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Tweety wrote: »
    Wow i must have missed this!!!!

yeah me too! congrats hun :)
    :D thanks

anyone who wants putting off being broody, rather than borrowing a newborn should spend a day with me at the moment. Watch me try and walk up the hill slower than a tortoise clutching my belly and waddling. Watch as i get stranded if i sit down in the wrong position and need help to get back up again :grump: and worst of all, i have a bad bad cough at the moment and am seriously considering buying a packet of tena lady.

my poor poor pelvic floor
    Wow Suzy - Congratulations!!! I've not been on here for ages as I don't have a minute to myself anymore so it's lovely to read good news like that :D My daughter Amélie is 4 months old now and the fog is just starting to lift, I'm almost missing being pregnant!

Congratulations YeahINo! Ruby is a beautiful name for a beautiful baby :)

I laughed when I read the bit about feeling slim...I got home from the hospital feeling super skinny 3 hrs after having Amélie. Thought I would try on some of my non-maternity jeans only to find I couldn't get them past my knees :(
    good to see you back Jooly.
    id love to see a recent pic of little Amélie :heart:
    Here you go! I took this one a couple of weeks ago :)

:heart: Shes gorgeous, congratulations.

:heart::heart::heart:

Shes gorgeous!!!!!!!:love: