Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

how to get the perfect hair waves??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
one more question!

ok, my hair is bum length, black, and moderate thickness (ok its quite thick but once I straighten it, it goes a lot thinner??).

Anyway, its not really straight or wavy. normally I dry and straighten it and thats my style but i would kill to be able to get a lovely wavy style going on.

If i were to wash my hair, plait it and then leave it in, the waves i get are perfect.. the problem is that the top of my head where it wasnt plaited is still that horrible inbetween mess of not straight or wavy and just looks unbrushed. then the minute i brush it - the whole wave thing goes to pot and i end up with an afro of frizz.... hmmm.

any ideas at all how i can get the plaited wavy look without frizz, with a nice tidy and neat roots as well?

Ive tried moussing and blow drying that just makes my hair sticky and looks like i havent brushed it.

any tips? :D

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you like the look of the waves that the braids creats then why not do a french braid? Its close to your head so the waves will start near to the roots of the top of your head.

Or you could do the thing that i sometimes do but you have to look like a complete idiot overnight! Try twisting about 4 buns into freshly dried hair and secure them overnight then when you take them out in the morning it'll be all wavy in a different way and wont look as silly