Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

how can i stop squeezing my spots ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i dont know y i just cant help it but to pick my spots all the time and i try hard not to cus it could scar when im older, but i cant help it !!
please can u help me ?

Comments

• Options
    i dont know y i just cant help it but to pick my spots all the time and i try hard not to cus it could scar when im older, but i cant help it !!
    please can u help me ?

Bit of will power?:sour:
  • Options
    go to the doctor about trying to sort them out another way maybe.
    Im terrible for picking spots when i get them. I dont know how people can get a big spot and just leave it
  • Options
    It takes loads of willpower...well for me anyway!
    Strange as it sounds I get loads of satisfaction from squeezing a spot and the bigger the better :heart:
    But I'm trying not to anymore! I had a spot on my chin and I've left it alone and resisted all urges to squeeze it. It's gone now and it's left no red mark, like it would if I had squeezed the life out of it :rolleyes:
    Just try and cover it up as best you can or buy some spot cream stuff to help reduce it!
  • Options
    Well also depends on where it forms - if you get a spot on a bony area it can really hurt as the pressure builds up - the other alternative is to use a sterile pin so there's less damage then squeezing. - Squeezing will rip the skin apart - a pin will cause less damage
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Why have you brought this up after 6 months?
  • Options
    piecesofme wrote: »
    Strange as it sounds I get loads of satisfaction from squeezing a spot and the bigger the better :heart:

Hmmmm .... me wonders if that squeezing might work on me penis.
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    Hmmmm .... me wonders if that squeezing might work on me penis.

:D
    that had me giggling for ages
    and i NEVER giggle
  • Options
    piecesofme wrote: »
    It takes loads of willpower...well for me anyway!

I thought I was the only one who loved doing this! The good thing is I have loads of spots all over my face and as soon as I get rid of one another appears, giving me hours of squeezing pleasure. I think I really should stop though as my friend doesn't like me doing it, its just so difficult not to squeeze them though :mad:
  • Options
    I don't think it will scar you when you're older but squeezing them now may make them spread so rather than go away, you'll end up with more.

I used to squeeze mine. I had bad acne for a while but now I don't have any, nor any sign that I squeezed them when I was younger.

There are various face-washing liquids available in pharmacists and you might wish to find one that suits you and wash with it.