Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Eyes dilated - Medication?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have noticed a few people that I know often have really dilated pupils. Like pupils when you take Es. When I notice it, and often it's in the day, I look at other people's eyes that I'm with to compare and theirs look normal.

Do you think this means they're on some kind of medication? I'm thinking something to do with seratonin? ADs.?.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    not always..this happens to me a lot and i get asked if im stoned..no idea why it happens. but i guess look at the guy from peep show..his pupils are masssiiiiiiiiiive!
    *cough stoners cough*
    maybe they all lurve you
    I think some people just naturally have massive pupils. I do, and I'm not on any kind of dodge drugs (and I don't fancy myself!). Last time I went to the optician, she thought I'd had those eye drops they sometimes give you to dilate your pupils, but it was just cause they're big, and it was dark!

Anything and everything seems to make mine bigger - exercise, hot showers, excitement even!

Although they could be on drugs, cause this does make them bigger. When I was on ADs, you could often barely see the blue because I had such gigantic pupils.

ETA: look at them in my av if you can see - they're looking pretty average sized there, and that's with the flash 10 inches from my face!
    I thought it was just the light that makes them different. Like when you are in a dim lit pub your pupils get bigger and apparently large pupils make you more attractive or your pupils dilate when you are attracted to someone, something like that :confused:
    squeal wrote: »
    I thought it was just the light that makes them different. Like when you are in a dim lit pub your pupils get bigger and apparently large pupils make you more attractive or your pupils dilate when you are attracted to someone, something like that :confused:

Yes I know that. But I said they look like they're on Ecstasy! Not just normal dilated pupils.
    *cough stoners cough*

And no, they're not stoned. I'm talking about people at work or people I know don't do drugs. Everything else about them is normal, apart from really massive pupils.
    i have huge pupils.. nothing wrong with it, people comment quite often

who knows the reasons behind it though! :o
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    lipsy wrote: »
    Everything else about them is normal, apart from really massive pupils.

Your pupils get larger when they see something attractive or intresting. Dilation is a response to a positive feeling you get from what you see. It must be cos you're hot! ;)
    Weekender Offender