Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Attracted to younger women - is it all that wrong?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm 33 and I tend to be attracted to women around 19, 20, 21 ish. I get stick off some people, being called a 'dirty old man', 'cradlesnatcher' and other such rubbish.

The thing I am attracted to women of that age - I'm not saying I ONLY go for that age. As for being a 'dirty old man', I treat them totally respectfully (in fact many have said they prefer this because guys their own age tend to be pretty childish). OK the relationships will usually end up sexual but it's not just about that. It's not some midlife crisis (at 33??), I just am attracted to around that age. It's not a conscious decision, it's just the way I am.

Is it that wrong? Morally or whatever?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I know men like you. I don't think it wrong if they're grown up in the head but I know some blokes go for girls like that coz they're young and stupid and cant think for themselves. Do you look young for your age?
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    I know a few friends who have had relationships (that have lasted) with men over 10 years old than them.

If it is what you like, and you find people who are attracted to you then there is no harm.

Just dont shut off any options to be with someone who is a similar age to you :)
    Nop I don't think it's wrong at all and have been out with several people 10+ years older than me.

but as Bunnie says, don't cut off the options of someone a similar age to you either. You never know who you may meet along life's way and who is suited to you.

There's a big difference between being attracted to someone and actually liking that person for who they are as well.
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Like others have said, I don't think there's anything wrong with people of much different ages being together (my dad and stepmum are 22 or so years apart!). But there is something wrong, I believe, with people who only look for ones much older or much younger than them and don't ever consider someone closer to their age. According to what you said, you're not in that category, so don't worry about what some people say.
    GhostGirl wrote: »
    I know men like you. I don't think it wrong if they're grown up in the head but I know some blokes go for girls like that coz they're young and stupid and cant think for themselves. Do you look young for your age?

Thanks for all your opinions guys (and guyettes!), in answer to the above I don't think I look all that young really, I probably look my age or a touch older (or so I'm told) but maybe that's the deciding factor for them? From your replies it's clear that someone women do prefer an older guy so maybe there's something in that.

I don't just go for younger women, it's not just about the age. But just as some guys prefer blonde/skinny/large/clever/chavvy (delete as appropriate) women, we all have our own tastes.

If I met 2 women who were almost identical in each way apart from one being 21 and the other 31, I'd chose the younger.

Oh I wouldn't go for just anyone of that age, obviously they need to be fairly mature too.
    man, your avatar makes it perfect!
    I'll send you a PM :)
    I'd say it's completely normal, and it's only society that makes anyone feel wierd about it. Whenever a bloke can get away with it, he'll tend to go for girls quite a bit younger than himself tbh. I remember talking to a single woman in her 30's, and she said that she knows loads of great, eligable blokes in their 30's, but they're always going out with girls in their 20's, so it's definitely not just you. You don't see many single, male movie stars in their 30's and 40's shacking up with women their own age, they usually go at least 10 years younger. Boys prefer younger girls, and girls prefer older boys. As it was in the beginning, is now, and forever shall be. Strange that everyone has no problem admitting that girls tend to go for older blokes, but then go all wierd about the corresponding implication that blokes must go for younger girls.

Watch Manhattan by Woody Allen, cos it's brilliant, and it's about this.
    Oh, this is silly. Imagine that you are a man who has just turned 40. You get to spend the night with one girl, and you have a choice of two. The first is a stunningly attractive, blonde 21-year old with breasts the size of Russia. The second is a woman of 45 who is also a blonde, with breasts going down to her knees*. It doesn't take a genius to work out who most guys would choose. :p

As long as you aren't actually Glenn Quagmire himself, you haven't got much to worry about.

* In case anyone's got the wrong idea, no, I'm not suggesting that women over the age of 40 are fat with saggy boobs. I've met plenty who could qualify as MILF, if you catch my drift. Moving on...
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    * In case anyone's got the wrong idea, no, I'm not suggesting that women over the age of 40 are fat with saggy boobs. I've met plenty who could qualify as MILF, if you catch my drift. Moving on...

Too little too late SG. Your disclaimer won't work. You're about to be eaten alive by all the women over 40.....

.....Enjoy. ;)
    Too little too late SG. Your disclaimer won't work. You're about to be eaten alive by all the women over 40..... Enjoy. ;)
    And how many women on this board are over the age of 40? :p
    we all hit 21 and then stop.
    You nutters have put a right big grin on my face this afternoon :D
    Fancying a 13 year old is wrong...

Not 19.
    They're not gonna remain 19, 20, 21 forever. Are you planning on settling down with any of these girls?
    By all means if the circumstances are right. I've long since past the 'shagging about' days.
    Namaste wrote: »
    Fancying a 13 year old is wrong...

It is? Fuck.