Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Weird bank statement

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've just checked my bank account to see if some money for stuff I've ordered off amazon has come out (£15), but when I looked, £9.97 has been taken out today but there's no description where it usually says where it's come from or going, I don't remember spending that. Is it dodgy if there's no description?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Could be dodgy if there is no description at all and you dont recognise it. Worth contacting you bank and asking about it.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    yeah give the bank a call, or pop in tomorrow.

They should be able to tell you where it was taken out from.

I often think I have been a victim of fraud, it turns out I just bought new shoes!
    Could be part of your amazon order? If they only dispatch a bit then you just get charged as it goes out.
    Mist wrote: »
    Could be part of your amazon order? If they only dispatch a bit then you just get charged as it goes out.

They said its coming in 1 order. And if it was amazon it would say in the description.
    Amazon don't normally debit for a few a days. Could be something you've bought in the past few days?

But it's peculiar for there to be no narrative on it at all...
    You get an email from amazon when the order has been completed aswell. It may be something ive forgotten, but there's no description so I can't be sure.
    Bank said to ring back tomorrow or monday because it's not on the system yet :(
    Thinking back to it, I've had a couple of things come up on internet banking that have later had the descriptions appear, or that have had a description on the full statement that made perfect sense but wasn't showing online. I've also been confused when payments have been debited a couple of days after I made the payment, as the date on the statement looks wrong.

£9.97 sounds like an album from Tesco, haven't bought anything like that recently have you?
    I found out what it was, turns out its only part of the order from amazon - something to do with the rest of it being unavailable atm. Thank god.
    TBH though if it was fraud don't you think they'd try and take slightly more than £10 off you?
    kate- wrote: »
    TBH though if it was fraud don't you think they'd try and take slightly more than £10 off you?

Yes i know but I wasn't expecting that amount to come out and there was no description, if it had said it was amazon i would have known. But amazon didn't tell me, I didn't realise until i got an email saying they'd just dispatched part of it and showed the amount.