Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

when to say i love you,

ok just curious as to how long people usually wait and to get some advice

i've been with my girlfriend for about 6 weeks i'm 21 she's 16, we both care for eachother alot but over the past week or so i've come to realise my feelings are more than that, i'm in love with her, i've never fallen in love this hard this fast before but have been in love before so i know this is it, trouble is i dunno if i should say anything, i want to so badly, certain times it almost jumps outta me, like last night we were out with her friends at the beach we were hanging out in a park on the cliff over looking the bay, the moon and stars were out and i was lying on a bench looking up at em, she left her friends came over and lay on top of me and we kissed and it felt like the perfect moment, i wanted to scream it out so bad, she knew i wanted to say something but i fobbed her off by asking her to bring her knee high boots to mine saturday night :naughty:

i just cant help feeling that its too soon to say anything i think she's mature enough to hear it without getting scared off but at the same time i'm pretty sure her feelings havent developed that far yet, so i'm at a loss as to what to do,
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Just say it when you are ready, if you think you are ready now, then say it.

I said it first and then my bf went quiet.

He then said it back to me 5 mins later :D

longest 5 mins of my life!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Yeah, say it when you're ready.

You don't have to make a big deal out of it either, with my first proper girlfriend we were talking about something or other and it slipped out :o

"Aww, I love you!" followed by a five second silence, a kiss and she said "I love you aswell". Without wanting to get too cheesy about it, it was like something out of a film and I still remember it to this day.

Good luck with it anyway matey :thumb:
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Bri-namite wrote: »

"Aww, I love you!" followed by a five second silence, a kiss and she said "I love you aswell". Without wanting to get too cheesy about it, it was like something out of a film and I still remember it to this day.

aww that is gorgeous :heart:
    3 years and waiting :p:lol:

But I agree, say it when you are ready and comfortable. Don't force or push it, it'll come naturally :)
    When it feels right.

It'll probaly just slip out.
    When it feels right.

It'll probaly just slip out.

:naughty:
    Calvin wrote: »
    :naughty:

:lol: Unintentional, HONEST!!
    well i'm ready to say it but cos she's young i dont want her to feel pressured to say it back if she is unsure or doesnt mean it yet,

might leave it a little while, your right tho it will probably slip out on its own anyway before too long
    I think u should maybe wait a while to be honest just because of her age, you dont want to scare her off!

Good luck though huni