Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

dying shoes

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I know this is a far off question, but has anybody ever dyed their shoes? I truely gave up looking for shoes after I bought some only to find out my fat toes squished out of them :p But then I thought, well bridal shops dye shoes, why can't I? So I found some stuff, emailed and asked if what I saw would be appropiate and now I"m thinking about just doing that. I have a pair of white shoes that would be just fine for the occasion that I never wear anyways...
http://www.tarrago.us/category/1267227921/1/Shoe-Boot-Dye-Kits.htm They are just strappy sandal like things anyways so I don't think it would be too much work.

Though I couldn't find them when I went looking last night...

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What material are the shoes made of? If they're nylon, they won't dye. Most bridal shoes are silk which is easily dyed, but synthetic fabrics won't dye.
    I looked but all it tells me is "all manmade materials" on the bottom of the soul and the box is no help (how in the world do I still have that) I'm going to say its fake ass leather. It says its good for leather, canvas and imitation leather, think it will work?
    I looked but all it tells me is "all manmade materials" on the bottom of the soul and the box is no help (how in the world do I still have that) I'm going to say its fake ass leather. It says its good for leather, canvas and imitation leather, think it will work?

Nope. If it does at all it will be patchy and look crap to be honest
    Nah, won't work.. wouldn't risk it tbh.
    Ah crap :( Thanks for warning me! I've been searching for shoes for like 3 months now as I'm a sneaker girl and I knew this would be tough. I've got like 3 weeks now and havn't found a damn thing! They have to be gold, they have to be cheap because I'm only wearing them once, and they have to have under 2.75" heels as the boyfriend is a shorty (but without a doubt not flats). I don't want plain ones, something a little fun. And I'd prefer non strappy/sandley like shoes but who cares now. Thats all I ask for :p Found one cute pair, not in my giant feet size, found another ok pair, they were mildly pointy at the toes and my fat toes just bulged out of them :( Oh woe is me!
    I bought a pair of white satin strappy sandals once for a formal occasion and coloured them in with a felt tip pen. Total cost £10.99 including pen.
    Eeek, what would happen if you spilt your drink :crazyeyes
    If you dont' like them that much and they are leather/fake leather type then i recon you could probably get away with spray painting them with gold paint.

When i was reallly little - so please bear in mind this was over 20 years ago and my memory might be a little hazy - i'm sure one of my friends dad's changed a pair of her shoes for her in that way - he sprayed them a lovely light blue colour - i was so jealous - which is probably why i remember it now.

Anyway - i think a trip to a craft shop may help you

x
    i painted a pair with nail varnish lol

they were silver...then gold...then metalic pink...then silver again!
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    you could maybe spray them gold with spray paint?
    I've spray painted a pair of shoes for a night out and they looked fine. Walmart has loads of cheap ass spray paint.
    I more thinking about the staining of your feet hehe.
    To add some unwanted infor, I have hardcore sweaty feet, think pen/marker/paint would still be ok?

How cheap too! The dress is floor length so even if it does look shit it probably won't matter.

Thank you all :D:heart:

And spelling is overrated :p
    Seeing as you never wear the white shoes, try it and see, you can just throw them away if it doesn't work- why keeps hoes you don't wear?