Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

going back to uni/ skipping the sandwich year

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Hi, i'm first year at the moment. I think that grees with a year abroad normally also exist as degrees without doing the year abroad. You can always email the admissions tutor for the subject and they'll be able to answer any questions.

I also think depending on the degree you've done you can do a masters in something for a shorter amount of time. You can get masters that are taught or done through research.

Also you have to think if you really need another degree to get to where you want to be going, if you know where you want to go? Also do not worry about finding other foreign students to hang out with, as where i am everyone from everywhere gets on really well.
  • Options
    Most sandwich courses are available without the sandwich year, and if you've already got the experience then would have thought most places would agree not to force you to do it.

As for the masters, it will depend on the course. Some have very specific entry requirements, other very felxible.