Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Feeling slightly threatened by her new toy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi all

Great site, been reading some of the posts and thought I would give my 2 cents worth of problems

Well its not a problem as such but I just wanted to see how other guys felt about this.

Ok so my GF and I wanted to spice up our sex life a bit so we went to ann summers and she picked out some huge rampant rabbit thing, I wasnt really that bothered but there was a little doubt in my mind as to whether she would use it alot in my absence as she has a high sex drive and I only see her a few times a week. We tried it out and she didnt really like it, end of I thought.

However we tried it again the other day and basically used it on her whilst she was lying on her front and she loved it. Now there were some thoughts that when thru my head with this

1. The thing is probably a little bit fatter than mine but mine is longer, the head is defo fatter - so i start getting a bit intimidated, jealous even of some rubber thing, lol

2. Whilst i'm using it on her from behind she seems to be loving it and because i'm beside her and looking at her face it feels like someone else is basically having sex with her whilst i'm wathching - again i'm getting jealous over a dildo, lol

3. Lastly as I said before I'm starting to get worries that she would use it on herself when I'm not there and my old chap wouldnt be as good anymore..that thing is pretty fat on the head side

so, I gather that i'm insecure about this but do you think I am being irrational with my thoughts or could you understand where i'm coming from.

(ps she said the real thing is better but as with all insecurities you never believe the other person if they tell you otherwise)

Comments

• Options
    maybe just not use it as part of sex if you cant handle it, or get a smaller dildo?

You can even get "cast your own vibrator" kits where you make a mould of your own penis and turn it into a vibrator!
    You cant feel threatened if its a replica of your own one!
    http://www.juicyjacsfunbox.com/cloneboy-cast-vibrator-p-55.html

I mean obviously shes not going to leave you for a vibrator, but still, your feelings are your feelings. Not everyones gonna be ok with it.
  • Options
    I would imagine that she was being perfectly honest about it not being as good as the real thing. I have a rabbit and I know I would much rather make love with my man than use it, unless of course hes there with me in which case he adds to the pleasure. Whatever you think about the vibrator taking your place, you were the one in control of her orgasm when you were with her, you had full control of it and her body.

No vibrator is going to be able to give her the stimulation you can during your love making sessions, after all it cant kiss, lick, bite, hug, talk dirty or hug.

My vibrator is larger than my bloke but its not something I would compare at all, its only like you deciding to masturbate, you use your hand to stimulate the same sensations of having her around you and us ladies can use our hands too but sometimes its nice to have something inside you so that you can fantasise about the hot sex you had with your partner.

Personally whenever I want to get myself off I tend to think about my man and what I would like to be doing with him if he was around and previous steamy sessions.
  • Options
    Well, if she has a high sex drive and you only get to see her a few times a week then surely you'd prefer her to be romping the rampant than the next door neighbour??

I've being trying to make my mister twissel at the end to keep up with modern technology but I've decided its not worth the hassle, a vibe will never replace a man!!
  • Options
    PearlyPearly Posts: 345 The Mix Regular
    It's pretty normal for blokes to feel a bit weird about their partner using a sex toy, but remember it's not just the toy that's turning her on - it's you being there with you. If she wasn't relaxed or turned on by sharing the experience with you then I'm sure she wouldn't find the toy much fun in your presence... Perhaps she could try using it on you as well? Men like it to be put in certain places too ;-)
  • Options
    I don't know what you're complaining about, honestly. Don't you get turned on by the sight of your girlfriend using a sex toy? She's not going to thinking of dumping you afterwards, you know. A man does have several distinct advantages over any sex toy - a toy won't cuddle her afterwards, for instance. (neither will some blokes, but I digress)
  • Options
    I've being trying to make my mister twissel at the end to keep up with modern technology

:lol:
  • Options
    i dont see why you would be jealous over her being turned on by the toy.
    after all your the one with her controlling it.
    After all it cant hug her, kiss her etc.

my bf tried something on me and loved the fact he could control it, teasing etc
  • Options
    yeah same opinion here..you both should enjoy it and don't be threaten by it
  • Options
    OP, remember:

1. A toy can't kiss
    2. A toy can't cuddle
    3. A toy can't whisper sweet nothings in her ear
    4. A toy can't make her breakfast in bed
    5. A toy can't take her out on the town
    6. A toy can't do virtually EVERYTHING a boyfriend can do

A toy is an aid, not a substitute.

If it could do all those things, we'd be finished.
  • Options
    OP, remember:

1. A toy can't kiss
    2. A toy can't cuddle

I heard that the new model for 2008 comes with a built in cigarette dispenser! :thumb:
  • Options
    OP, remember:

1. A toy can't kiss
    2. A toy can't cuddle

And it doesn't roll over after sex, fall asleep and snore. :lol:
  • Options
    Silk wrote: »
    I heard that the new model for 2008 comes with a built in cigarette dispenser! :thumb:
    :D good one
  • Options
    Let it be your friend too, it's not just for her! :)
  • Options
    There is nothing to be worried about, the real thing is much better than a toy. Don't be worried about her having a toy, at the end of the day just learn how and where she likes to be touched.

I have RR and my other half loves using it on me.:thumb: