Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Come on Keegan

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
If he does become Newcastle manager I will be £160 richer :hyper:
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Calvin wrote: »

He is!!! :hyper:

I am sooooooo excited!!
    Jesus fucking christ. Insane move.
    RaggyDoll wrote: »
    He is!!! :hyper:

I am sooooooo excited!!

I just got a feeling its all going to go pearshaped and Betfair wont pay out.

Damn, if I had made my bet a few days ago I could be sitting on nearly £300
    I just got a feeling its all going to go pearshaped and Betfair wont pay out.

Damn, if I had made my bet a few days ago I could be sitting on nearly £300

whats gone wrong? gotta be gutted
    Keggy Keegle :D

Well played Cal.

And HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
    Really are scraping the barrell here. I mean, Keegan over Houllier and Deschamps? Get the fuck outta ere, romanticism really does get the best of those Geordies. ;)
    Got to love Ben Dirs' assessment of it all on BBCi:
    it's verging on hysterical up there, I think the city of Newcastle might fold in on itself and disappear up Keegan's backside when he finally strolls onto the pitch.
    4-1 :hyper:
    LMAO Keegan
    Hmm, it's a much harder league nowadays. The league moved around a lot more when Keegan was at Newcastle. Everyone has money, the top 4 is virtually impenetrable, and we all know that Keegan is great at riding a wave, but when the going gets tough, he usually runs out of ideas. Last season at Man City were so shit that when Pearce first took charge, we thought he played attractive football. That and the fact that he spent a shitload of money, and when he left, Anelka was the only saleable asset of the players he bought.
    But at the same time didn't Man City win division one with a record goals-for and points tally?

I think it's a step backwards and no manager has yet managed to be successful second time around.
    Kermit wrote: »
    But at the same time didn't Man City win division one with a record goals-for and points tally?

I think it's a step backwards and no manager has yet managed to be successful second time around.

Redknapp and portsmouth?
    I wouldn't really say he was successful. But then it's all about perspective.

The person who I'd say came closest was Kendall at Everton.

Yeah with a team full of Premiership players who were willing to take the step down because we paid them a fortune. That was a great season though. Benarbia and Berkovic in that league was like having Ronaldinho and Kaka in the same team in the Premiership.
    Yeah with a team full of Premiership players who were willing to take the step down because we paid them a fortune.

As Watford fans will tell you, spending a fortune doesn't guarantee you success.

Vialli probably spent as much as Keegan that year and what did he win? Bugger all.

I think Keegan's a backward step but it's definitely given the place a buzz. We shall see what happens. I don't think he'll get the team much closer to the top of the league but I think he'll move it further away from the basement.

On a random note, if I see/hear the "I'll love it" rant one more time I think I'll scream.

Lippi at Juve.
    I think it's a heart over head decision really, but I've always thought there should be more of that in football (come back Fergie, please?) and he'll certainly get the fans blood pumping.

The defence needs sorting out though, Messiah or no Messiah.
    On a random note, if I see/hear the "I'll love it" rant one more time I think I'll scream.

Oh man, I swear I can't get enough of that rant! It takes me right back to when I first saw it. :D

I am absolutely thrilled to see Keegan back, I don't think its a step back at all. Recently they couldn't have got much further back from the team they should be. Lets face it, he can't do much worse than some of the tripe we've had recently and if he brings back some excitement and hope (which he already has done) then its money well spent.

There is nothing worse than no hope and he has given me hope. :love:
    Bri-namite wrote: »
    I think it's a heart over head decision really, but I've always thought there should be more of that in football and he'll certainly get the fans blood pumping.

The defence needs sorting out though, Messiah or no Messiah.

Yes!!! I am definitely in agreement, I had tears in my eyes watching that press conference.

Now I want to see Batty and Co back in their black and white shirts :p
    theres only onneeeee kevin keegan!
    theres only onneeeee kevin keegan!
    walkin along
    singin the song
    walkin in a keegan wonderland!

:D

remember when we used to sing that in school, its been a while (i'm from newcastle)