Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Is this a fair compromise

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Options
    Why not just see him saturday as u said u normally see him friday or saturday nights
  • Options
    seems fair to me.

In my last relationship, if we had to miss a night due to seeing mates or whatever we'd swap in another night.
  • Options
  • Options
    It's one less night a week, Jesus Christ. I'm lucky to get to see my girlfriend two nights a week, it's hardly as though you're unseperatable.
  • Options
    one of my friends has a regimented routine like this. Personally it would do my head in as I would feel like I had no space. Just meet up when you feel like it, then you don't have to make excuses when you feel a bit crap, or just wanna watch telly, or want to go out with mates.
  • Options
    I think the best thing in any relationship is to be unpredicatable now and again. A regimented routine never did anyone any favours.

Go out and have fun and don't worry about it. There's a good chance he'd be glad of the opportunity to go out with his mates too.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    one of my friends has a regimented routine like this. Personally it would do my head in as I would feel like I had no space. Just meet up when you feel like it, then you don't have to make excuses when you feel a bit crap, or just wanna watch telly, or want to go out with mates.

:yes: same goes mate, I couldnt bear it if we had a fixed routine. Bet I wouldnt feel like hanging out on the nights we were scheduled to, and be mad 4 him the nights we were supposed not to be (thats the sort of contrary beast I am).
    I understand some peeps dont have much option other thatn the fixed nights on tho-like those in long distance relationships and that.
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    Go out and have fun and don't worry about it. There's a good chance he'd be glad of the opportunity to go out with his mates too.

True, although don't do what some people do and tell him at the last minute so he has no choice but to be stuck in on his own.
  • Options
    oh yes, one of my ex's did that it was so irritating :banghead: