Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Suicide

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Does anyone feel that sometimes you get pushed to thinking about suicde and cant do it becuase it would upset family/friends too much and you cant talk about it because its soo selfish and horrible and ppl will judge you so then your stuck in the middle feeling guilty and like s**t????

Comments

• Options
    C FunkC Funk Deactivated Posts: 163 Helping Hand
    Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear your feeling like this at the moment.

Life can feel extremely difficult for a lot of people, and sometimes to the extent that they want to end their own lives. If you are feeling suicidal, there are lots of people who can help you.

Speak to the people around you about why you're feeling like this. Your friends and family will be able to give you support and love.

If you do not feel comfortable speaking to those close to you try speaking to your doctor. They will be able to help you directly and enlist the help of other professionals. Please think about calling a crisis line. The Samaritans run a confidential telephone service that's available 24 hours a day. Their number is 08457 90 90 90. Saneline also run a similar service. Their number is 0845 767 8000.

Life has its highs and lows and sometimes the lows can outweigh the highs. Remember that things will get better once you speak to people and discuss how you feel. You really need some help with your depression - either antidepressants, or counselling, or both. You can get both of these from your doctor, so seriously think about booking appointment.

Hope you feel better soon.

:thumb:
  • Options
    Thanx C-Funk for taking time to reply to me. I am due to see the doctor in 2 weeks, and i also heard that anti-depressants take like a month to start working so its very frustrating, but im focusing on hopeully feeling better in the next few months, so fingers crossed!!!!!
  • Options
    C FunkC Funk Deactivated Posts: 163 Helping Hand
    It's really good news you're taking these steps to start feeling better again. Keep us up to date on your progress and if you need any more advice, or want to chat, just post on this thread or start a new one.

:thumb:
  • Options
    jjj<>101 wrote: »
    Thanx C-Funk for taking time to reply to me. I am due to see the doctor in 2 weeks, and i also heard that anti-depressants take like a month to start working so its very frustrating, but im focusing on hopeully feeling better in the next few months, so fingers crossed!!!!!

have a look at the depression thread. just so yu know that you arent the only one to feel this way, there are lots of us, and it doesnt make u selfiish or bad. Its just that you need to feel better. Sometimes all we can do it breathe in breath out and wait for the bad feelings to pass.
    sometimes easier said than done tho, I know.
    hope the antidepressants come through for ya. if the first ones dont work, go back there are loads of them, some will work for you.
    xx