Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Sick Guilt

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I work a fairly unremarkable job as a receptionist. My job has about 2 hours worth of real work during the day, the rest is just time wasted on here and facebook and waiting for someone to ask me to order them a new stapler or some crap like that. I've come down with this flu/stomach bug bitch-of-a-virus and haven't been into work since Thursday.
Even though I know I'm sick,and i know I wont be missed- these past two days of this week have made me feel so much worse because I feel compelled to haul myself down to work as I feel guilty not being there.

I think i'm in shock to feeling this guilt- probably because I've hated most of my other jobs with a passion!

Anyone else experienced this?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I feel guilty, but only because I enjoy my job and know by not being there i'm actually making life more difficult for my buddies at work. Any other job and I wouldn't give a rat's ass tbh.
    Whowhere wrote: »
    by not being there i'm actually making life more difficult for my buddies at work.
    ... and the public :p
    otter wrote: »
    ... and the public :p

And them too.:lol: