Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Travel lodge

Sorry if this is the wrong category but wasn't sure.

I've just been on the travel lodge website and got a quote for a room, £29.99. A few minutes later, after checking a few other hotels, the room has gone up to 49.99!
Okay, I booked it anyway as I thought fair enough, these things happen and if I wait longer it might go up again. I've just paid, then as I'm still on the website the exact same room for the same day etc is £29.99 again.
If I cancel and re-book I will lose the money I've had to pay already.

I rang the hotel to find out why, alls they said was "there's nothing we can do about it I'm afraid".

What a load of crap! I'm quite pi$#ed off about that. Is there nothing I can do?

I've taken a screen-shot of the room costing only £29.99 incase I have to write a letter.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Probably there was one room available at that price, and someone else put it in their basket to book it, so it was taken off the website as it was nearly booked. Then I'd imagine that the person didn't book it and ended their session and so the room was available again only by that time you'd booked another room for £49.99.
  • Options
    It happens with hotel rooms. You probably don't have much come back, next time, if you see a bargain, book it immediately.

Travelodge is shit anyway.
  • Options
    you wont get far i wouldnt have thought, like KHSS says they have limited rooms available at different prices and you've missed out. even at £50 its not bad, most travellodges are better than other hotels you get in the same price range.

altho their service is never that good i do stay in them and PTI very often.

i once paid cash for a bunch of rooms at one and then upon checking out they charged me again on my card that i'd booked it under. took ages to get the money back.

i'll still use them tho
  • Options
    book the £29 room asap and cancel the £49 room. The £49 full rate rooms can be canceled up right up to the day i think, whereas discounted rooms cannot.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    Calvin wrote: »
    Travelodge is shit anyway.

I don't agree. IT's not great but you get what you pay for and you know exactly what to expect. Great entertainment system too. :D
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    ^^ Agree, but the carpet burns can be horrendous ;)
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    ^^ Agree, but the carpet burns can be horrendous ;)

:D

I installed the in room entertainment in travelodges nationwide, though I very rarely got carpet burns.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Isn't it the travelodge where they just oversubscribe the bookings anyway? So you may as well just walk in on the night.
  • Options
    for £49 you can do better than travel lodge.
  • Options
    Mist wrote: »
    Isn't it the travelodge where they just oversubscribe the bookings anyway? So you may as well just walk in on the night.

I was just about to say this. Although you've booked and paid, you may find that you don't have a room when you get there. Check in as early as you can!