Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

feeling broody

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    sounds promising!!

Keep us informed. Im all excited now lol
    *crosses legs*
    rachie004 wrote: »
    I've got a thyroid condition too and its really worrying me but apparently if its well managed then there shouldn't be any problems

My mum has a thyroid problem and she's had 4 kids - 2 at once even :p. So I wouldn't worry too much :).
    I've got a thyroid condition too and its really worrying me but apparently if its well managed then there shouldn't be any problems

I have an underactive thyroid and i did have before having James. Mine wasn't managed very well at all in preg but we were still both ok thankfully. I have done my research ready this time so i will be telling them what i want!
    :hyper: can't wait to start the baby making :hyper: roll on the divorce!

Not two things that are usually said in the same breath :p

I'm broody at the moment. Tres rubbish. My mind knows it's a silly idea at the mo, but my body's all 'COME ON! You're of the age now. Procreate!!!'

Crazy lady bodies :(
    My cousin came round with her 12 week old baby today, n omg, i didnt know I could get more broody, but boy, I am....... sigh.
    you could get yourself a reborn rachie, one of those doll babies...
    only read first few posts so don't know how far off topic this threads gone but i'm so sooo broody.

it's even worse because i'm in a steady relationship.

if it wasn't for the fact we're young and the whole stigma attached to that, oh and me been at uni i'd have one now.

eventhough i know it's totally wrong timing i still can't help thinking about it all the time.
    lacrymosa wrote: »
    Is it weird that I think its weird for people my age (I'm 21, nearly 22) to want to have babies?

Maybe I'm just a cynical miserable bitch. Afterall, I don't have a man so why would I feel broody and want to start a family? I don't know, I just like to go out and have lots of fun. Afterall, I'm young and feel as though I should be making the most of my youngest years and leaving kids till later on.

I wouldn't even know how to look after a baby if one was put in my hands. I'm crap with kids.

I think everyone is crap with kids before they have them, it's a learning process afterall. But I don't think you're weird for thinking that, but I don't think it's weird either for people around 21 to want kids, or to even have kids! I wouldn't do it, I want to wait until my 30s. The way I see it (this may be a male perspective, or just for those who are slightly intimidated by babies lol) is that atm, I'm free. I can pack up and travel to bolivia tomorrow and try and stage a coup and then launch a glorious revolution of hippy's, whilst at the same time being the first man to attempt to peddle to Mars.

If I had kids I would become the kids slave. Not that most fathers probably feel like that, but it's just how I feel I would become. I'm sure when (if) I become a father, I'll be over the moon. Just atm, I'm enjoying my freedom and don't like the thought at all of having to support another living being that's completely dependent on me for pretty much the rest of my life.

I think it's kind of like Chandler from friends how he gets freaked out about marriage and stuff at first. I'm just no way ready for any of that kind of commitment :p
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    "Different strokes for different folks"... I don't think there's anything wrong generally (perhaps only statistically) with people wanting/having kids in any age 16 or older. Personally though (at 22) although I do feel broody from time to time I wouldn't want to have any just yet (not that I could if I wanted to, heh). I'd like it to happen while I'm still young though, preferably under 30. But in a few years I'll probably feel differently.
    For now, I also want to have fun etc, my problem is that it's not happening... I feel I've pretty much wasted my youth, and still am wasting it, but still can't find a way to stop wasting it.
    I also feel like I'm off topic so I'll leave it at that. That's a story for another day...
    lol I forgot about this thread!

Thanks for all the kind words everyone

and rachie, don't worry, there is enough baby makin juice to go around LOL :heart:

Mine is due in the 1st week of August I think, 3 months before my boy is going to be 4 years old, so a pretty good gap I think, although in hindsight maybe it could of been a bit smaller..

My missus desperately wants a girl lol, if we have a boy we'll probably end up trying for a 3rd, if it is a girl then she said that's the lot!! lol
    I feel broody all the time, but I have to wait because I'm still at uni for a start, and if I don't work and save money I doubt we'll ever be able to buy a house, so I have to work first and save for a house, get a house and THEN I'm allowed to procreate! but like Kaff said on my lj, I feel like a mad rampant nesting bunny! or something.
    Arrgghgh I never feel broody and having done a quick calculation of the cost of child care i'm never going to be able to afford to have a baby - even though i have a job some sembelence of savings and i own my own house - urrghhh
    lacrymosa wrote: »
    Is it weird that I think its weird for people my age (I'm 21, nearly 22) to want to have babies?

Maybe I'm just a cynical miserable bitch. Afterall, I don't have a man so why would I feel broody and want to start a family? I don't know, I just like to go out and have lots of fun. Afterall, I'm young and feel as though I should be making the most of my youngest years and leaving kids till later on.

I wouldn't even know how to look after a baby if one was put in my hands. I'm crap with kids.

It's not weird or unusual, believe me. Most of my friends feel exactly the same way :razz: and thought/think I'm nuts. But yeah, if I hadn't met the fella I did and been in the situation we were then I probably would never have entertained becoming a mother at 21. It's very young, but for me it was all a good fit and I packed a lot in to the preceeding years anyway. Seen a lot, done the boyfriends, fling, heartbreak thing and I knew this was different. Generally I would recommend waiting, but some people wait... and wait... and wait... for these perfect circumstances that are never EVER going to exist. We're lucky in that we've got a very nice financial situation and if we want to travel (though maybe not to Bolivia) we can do so and have been doing so. It's when they get to school age that we will have to really choose a city, country etc and stick to it. I'm dreading it.

As for looking after babies, you could do it! I feel nervous holding other people's babies and so I should, they're precious. I even found it a bit scary with my own babies at first, when I was on my own with them, really nervous and tentative but it's all very natural and your confidence grows. There's nothing in the world like holding your baby (er, babies). It's mind-blowing.

I'm broody as hell at the moment but I know it's a ridiculous idea. We've just about hit our stride with the two we've got, might try and live the [relatively] easy life for a while before considering a new addition :thumb:
    did you have twins or something briggi?
    You should be a detective! ;) :thumb:
    Briggi I still can't believe you're 21! You're really mature.

I get broody sometimes but I'm content with just mulling over the excitement of having a baby of my own at some point in the future. I regularly have feelings that I'm infertile which I've talked about on here and that are probably really unfounded. It'll be amazing to become a mother one day but I know that studying is important so that I can err buy them loads of crap from the Early Learning Centre and all that marlarkey. :angel:
    Aw thank you. I'm 22 now, so old age is creeping up slowly :lol: I feel a LOT older than 22, though, it's very strange, and I've started watching gardening programmes on Friday night which can't be good news.

I used to imagine that I was infertile, I've no idea why. Am proof that those feelings are in no way self-fulfilling prophecies anyway!
    briggi wrote: »
    Aw thank you. I'm 22 now, so old age is creeping up slowly :lol: I feel a LOT older than 22, though, it's very strange, and I've started watching gardening programmes on Friday night which can't be good news.

I used to imagine that I was infertile, I've no idea why. Am proof that those feelings are in no way self-fulfilling prophecies anyway!

Yeah I remember you replying to that thread. It was really helpful so thanks :) I spoke about it with my mum and it turned out she had the exact same feelings. Spooooky eh!
    I wanna know if yeahInohas had the baby :hyper:
    I wanna know if yeahInohas had the baby :hyper:

Me too! :hyper:

Congratulations Suzy and Cheese too, seem to have missed that news!
    Me too! :hyper:

Congratulations Suzy and Cheese too, seem to have missed that news!

:) Thanks.I didnt make a big announcement tbh, cos at the time it was a bit of a shock, so soon after having Félix. Took a few months to get my head around it, and after that the moments kind of passed to announce it. I have mentioned it here and there though and am very happy about it now.
    Briggi I still can't believe you're 21! You're really mature.

:yes:
    There seems to be such a baby boom at the moment.

I've noticed this as well.

I ekpt feeling like this last year. That was until I ahd to work with a baby who screamed all the time and always wanted attention.
    we need piccies :yes: :hyper:

There seems to be such a baby boom at the moment - I think everyone but me is having a baby :grump: I think its a case of wanting what I can't have atm :( although I'm sure I'd want to jump in straightaway, I'm still feeling a bit emotional/generally unstable after the last episode and I'd hate to think/see it as a replacement etc

I want to know as well.

I feel as if everyone in the world but me is having a baby - i found out another friend is having one with his girlfriend - plus pretty much everyone on the site seems to be pregant as well.
    :wave:

I had her yesterday afternoon at 4.15pm! She's called Ruby. I cant believe she's finally here!:yippe: She weighed 8lbs 4oz, just came from hosital this afternoon.

Heres a pic to make you all more broody! (I'll tell you my birth story and then you wont be as broody!;) But I'd do it all again for her:heart::love:
    Wow congratulations! She's beautiful
    Awwwww congratulations, she is gorgeous!!!!!

N more broody, me??? Helll Yes!!
    Ohh a baby!

I'm well impressed that your back here and posting pictures so quickly how exciting.
    I've never really felt broody!
    My friend has a gorgeous 3 month old baby and I love seeing him and watching her with him..but I don't want one :p
    Dya think I'll get broody when I get older?
    lipsy wrote: »
    Dya think I'll get broody when I get older?

Quite possibly!

I always liked babies in a kind of 'as long as I can give them back/would like to have them in the future' kind of way, but I never really felt the pull of the ovaries until I was about 25. It's like my body noticed my age and feared I may never procreate without assistance. :(