Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Flitting about

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Do I change job for better pay or stay where I am? Need more money; changing job every few weeks looks bad doesn't it?

sigh

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    It doesn't look great.
    every few weeks doesn't look good no. every few years would look better. :)
    mind you if you were temping for an agency you could be in a position to change every few weeks or as time allowed. whats wrong with your current job?
    argh. I so know the answer only there is no real 'right' thing to do. I'm going to wait two weeks til my uni assignment is handed in then start looking for a better paid job but maybe hold out changing jobs til I find one I think I can stick at for at least a few months...
    I second the temp agency one. You can tell them not to even look for something under a certian salary so you are guaranteed something that will fit you and if it doesn't work out at one place, you don't have to show up ever again and they'll find a new one for you and it won't look bad. But I'm a temp agency freak. Except for shitty retail back in the day all my jobs have been found through temp agencies.
    yeah, I dunno about the temp agency thing though, I've tried before but I have funny hours I can work and I've not had much joy. There's nothing wrong with where I'm working now apart from the pay scale is wank - shit basic, shit commission. I'm cold calling, results went up last week and i'm third in the company but only doing about 3/4 of the hours of the one above me and half of the hours of the top person so.. I know I'm good at it, won't have a problem moving to another company, this company would even have me back too. It works like that, they're used to people flitting about but I do want to get into something else really but telesales is just so easy to fit around my funny availability. The last place I was at, I was earning double what I am now for the same hours and pretty much the same results but I fucked that one up, and even though they'd have me back, they've changed their pay scale since I left too so... I'm keep thinking I wanna do a bit of recruitment or media sales for a bit but then I can't find anyone to take me with other than full-time hours. I need some proper direction now but, what to do, what to do?