Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Do you think the world will end in 2012?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    So long as they give us advance warning of it I don't care. That'd be such a mint Christmas :lol:
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Someone took the jewish bible thing, applied an algorithm to it to find 'JFK assasinated' in one of the lines (and bear in mind it's fairly large..) and said it predicted the future.

But to be fair did they not also apply some formulae to a Shakespere play and come up with equally huge "revelations"?
  • Options
    Kermit wrote: »
    So long as they give us advance warning of it I don't care. That'd be such a mint Christmas :lol:

Heres the thing. Would they though? I know in the End-Of-The-World movies they do tell the people but could you imagine in real life what would happen?

"Morning. As of 02:00 hours today we can announce that the world will end without a doubt in (insert time frame here)"

Society would just break down. Stealing. Killing. Raping. The whole breakfast and beans. It would be everyman for themselves in them last days.

As for martial law and have the national guard, etc.. out? Bollocks! They would all be at home with their families counting the days down.

I would just rather not know. At all. I mean for the world to end just like that would have to be something big and it would be over before we knew about it. Unless it was some kind of meteor or something like Armageddon or Deep impact?
  • Options
    But to be fair did they not also apply some formulae to a Shakespere play and come up with equally huge "revelations"?

Yea, my point was in any text thats large enough, there are enough ways to manipulate the text to get it to say ANYTHING. Which is why anyone who knows anything about statistics and cryptology thinks it's stupid :razz:

Why would whoever writes the bibles put a stupidly complicated code that only computers can decipher that tells the future, very very vaguely.
  • Options
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Why would whoever writes the bibles put a stupidly complicated code that only computers can decipher that tells the future, very very vaguely.

Because God told them to and because at the time they had no idea what a computer was or a nuclear war or anything it just further proves that God exists and knows everything including the future.

Edited to add : :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Dr PirateDr Pirate Posts: 8,303 Legendary Poster
    I'm going to go with...

Yes.
  • Options
    I don't think they ment the end of the world with global warming in 2012, thats impossible :chin:

I ment a nuclear war, North Korea has a nuke, George .W(stands for WAR) Bush has been elected, all the stuff in IRAQ

*BOOM* Will be North America :hyper:

EDIT: Wtf, I just read a thing of Mayan prodictions, and theirs on that says 2012, December 31st Kyoto Treaty Broken.

Edit 2:
    Heres the thing. Would they though? I know in the End-Of-The-World movies they do tell the people but could you imagine in real life what would happen?

"Morning. As of 02:00 hours today we can announce that the world will end without a doubt in (insert time frame here)"

Society would just break down. Stealing. Killing. Raping. The whole breakfast and beans. It would be everyman for themselves in them last days.

As for martial law and have the national guard, etc.. out? Bollocks! They would all be at home with their families counting the days down.

I would just rather not know. At all. I mean for the world to end just like that would have to be something big and it would be over before we knew about it. Unless it was some kind of meteor or something like Armageddon or Deep impact?

So they just complete that prophecy and go like: 2 days till the World Ends, we must get that Nuclear Winter started, NUKE NORTH KOREA FIRST!
  • Options
    No i dont' think the world is going to end. load of bollox.
  • Options
    A massive asteroid could come and kill us all, other than that, no I think it's bollox.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Lu_C wrote: »
    There's a very simple problem with there being a specific date set for the world to end. With all the time differences of everywhere, you'd have thought somewhere would end the day before or after. :chin:
    Hmm, maybe the earth will start disappearing slice by slice? :D
  • Options
    The world can't possibly end in 2012. Have you not seen Back to the Future 2? The world must last until at least 2015 so that Marty McFly can stop his son from making a terrible mistake.
  • Options
    Yes, I believe.
  • Options
    Hmm, maybe the earth will start disappearing slice by slice? :D

Must do. :chin:

So which bit goes first then? Everyone could run round the planet avoiding death for a few hours... could be a fun way to end it all, playing chase with god (or whatever).
  • Options
    I doubt it very much too. Why are you scared? It's not like you'l realise, you'l probably be dead instantly would you not?
  • Options
    i wouldnt believe anything you read on msn
  • Options
    yes.
    If some guy 10 thousand years ago said it, it must be true.

i agree 100%
This discussion has been closed.