Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ecstasy- not working any more

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Was wondering as Ecstasy isnt doing what it once did to me.
If i take a break will the effects be restroed?

Anybody had any similar experiences?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    yea it stops working properly after a while, especially if you've been ripping the arse out of it

you'll start to get a good buzz after a month or two but i'd leave it for about 6 months

it'll never be the same as it was at the beginning but you'll still get wiped out

not that its particularly good advice, but mixing with other drugs too can work wonders :D
    Yeah it's called getting a tolerance mate, happens to us all unfortunately.
    The more you take pills, the more pills you'll need to get fucked and you'll end up taking fucking loads of them to get mashed.
    If you leave it for a bit, then yeah it'll get a bit better but like z said, it'll never be the same again. Maybe try getting some MDMA crystal or something next time.
    I don't bother with pills anymore. The negative effects outweigh the positives. Mdma is a lot better, but it'll never be the same...
    There are quite a few theories as to why people develop a tolerance. It may be that you've just done in your brain and you'll never know how much damage you've done - frankly I think thats over stating the case a bit, but there may be some truth in it.

The other option is an actual physical tolerance, but you have to be doing loads for that to kick in.

The third, and in my view most likely is a mixture of low seritonin levels and the mind learning all it can from the drug. The whole point of MDMA is the openness it makes you feel, but perhaps the brain cant have its barriers brought down too many times before learning from it all it can, in short the novelty wears off.
    budda wrote: »
    There are quite a few theories as to why people develop a tolerance. It may be that you've just done in your brain and you'll never know how much damage you've done - frankly I think thats over stating the case a bit, but there may be some truth in it.

The other option is an actual physical tolerance, but you have to be doing loads for that to kick in.

The third, and in my view most likely is a mixture of low seritonin levels and the mind learning all it can from the drug. The whole point of MDMA is the openness it makes you feel, but perhaps the brain cant have its barriers brought down too many times before learning from it all it can, in short the novelty wears off.

Do you think its to do with the brain having barriers to all the other stuff thats in pills ? Because MDMA still gives me a pretty clean buzz and i'm confident doing too much would batter me, but i've had nights of ten pills and been pretty sober. The pills are ok too, tested with others fully feeling the effect.
    i dunno i think i prefer a handful of e's over powder
    Because MDMA still gives me a pretty clean buzz and i'm confident doing too much would batter me, but i've had nights of ten pills and been pretty sober.

It probably says something about the mixed bag that is the modern 'pill' - if you can notice the difference between the 'pills' you are getting and MDMA powder. It could also be a serotonin depletive thing; you've gone to the well once to often and need to back off for a bit.
    DC85 wrote: »
    Do you think its to do with the brain having barriers to all the other stuff thats in pills ? Because MDMA still gives me a pretty clean buzz and i'm confident doing too much would batter me, but i've had nights of ten pills and been pretty sober. The pills are ok too, tested with others fully feeling the effect.

That is probably a mixture of the quality of pills (which seems to have taken a dip after action by Interpol in Eastern Europe), and your expectations. Set and setting are very important.
    z- wrote: »
    i dunno i think i prefer a handful of e's over powder

Same here, MDMA is nice from time to time but if you got enough E's, you can't go wrong. ;)
    Ok some not so hot advice there ^

You are not developing a tollerance as such. To understand why this is happening you have to understand how MDMA (and pills which contain it) work. They basicly make your brain release its reservoir of "reward" chemicals into your system making you feel great.

So if you think about it, once they have all been used, MDMA isnt going to work anymore because there is nothing else to release right? Its not actually the drug that makes you feel good its the chemicals it makes your brain release. No chemicals (this one is called Seratonin btw) no high.

Ok here is the bad news. If you are using MDMA or pills frequently, it may damage the part of your brain which makes this chemical, and also the receptors which allow you to experience pleasure from sex, good food etc etc...

Now I am not scare mongering, MDMA is a relativly safe drug, but I really wouldnt recomend using it more than 4-6 times a year for this reason, leave 3-4 months in between each use and dont hammer it too hard each time (believe it or not more doesnt create a better high) and you will be fine.

So my advice. Lay off for 4 months and give it another try and you should find that it works again.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I've been doign pills for 10 years now and have to say the quality at the moment is the worts I have ever seen it. Seems to be so many pills with BZP in them or some other legal shite. They get you fucked but not in a good way.

You'll never be able to recreate the magic of the first dozen times, even if you take a long break. You know what to expect and you learn what it feels like, and for that reason it'll never be the same.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote: »
    You'll never be able to recreate the magic of the first dozen times, even if you take a long break.
    :yes: you develop a tolerance to it after a while. ecstasy is like that. you practically end up weaning yourself off them because the hit is never the same after a while.
    Hey all.

Well on sat night i managed to get a hold of some MDMA at a psy party at Hidden. We put it in the water and all i can say is wow! it was so good! really had that love feeling!
    I guess that most pills that are around now are shit which is a massive shame. Powder all he way
    I think it's because the area of the brain that makes you get fucked and is sensitive to it begins to die, that's why people who take ecstacy and have had brain scans finds chunks of their brain missing, just holes.

Lol, you'll go down well :p
    I think it's because the area of the brain that makes you get fucked and is sensitive to it begins to die, that's why people who take ecstacy and have had brain scans finds chunks of their brain missing, just holes.

:confused:

I presume you are refering to the rather famous research out of the US which was widely publicised by Oprah on her show about the drug. The scans themselves arent actually a physical respresentation of the brain, so there are no holes, gaps or physical missing parts of the brain itself. What the scan is measuring is activity, the more the brain lights up the more activity - so the laymans view of the scans could be that those sections of the brain have been damaged and therefore dont work anymore. But, that would be taking some unproven scans of some unknown subjects who may or may not have taken MDMA to prove MDMA dangerous.

MDMA does of course come with risks, and it does seem to damage neurons, especially when taken in hot environments and for prelonged periods. But what this actually means is still very much up for debate, its obviously not an ideal state of affairs, the brain is a delicate thing and any damage should be avoided, but whether it means long term harm is debatable. Depression index links for long term MDMA users are worse than non users, but they dont seem very different from other drug users, so it may well just be poly-drug use which is the issue.

On the broader point this doesnt really tell the user anything, their brain may or may not be easily damaged and if they have already used how do they know what they have done?

Using MDMA in short sessions - not stretching the high longer than 6-8hrs by re-dosing. Keeping cool and not using MDMA with other drugs all reduce the risk of neuron damage and arguably make MDMA use relatively safe.
    There was a guy who took thousands of tablets over the years and ended up with his jaw fixed and rigid, he also had almost no short term memory, had to leave notes everywhere so he could remember. It was this guy that they scanned and found holes in his brain, because it had killed off the cells.

Never watched Oprah.

That may well be the case, but it doesnt really tell you anything other than not to use thousands of pills.
    There was a guy who took thousands of tablets over the years and ended up with his jaw fixed and rigid, he also had almost no short term memory, had to leave notes everywhere so he could remember. It was this guy that they scanned and found holes in his brain, because it had killed off the cells.

Never watched Oprah.

http://www.maps.org/media/mtvclarify.html

Read ..
    I know people who twitch in their sleep from it.

This happens from most stimulant drugs.
    Cool, dno about anyone else but definately fucks me up, memory, nervous systems, vision. I know people who twitch in their sleep from it.

I hate to be picky, but thats a correllation not a causation. MDMA users very rarely use it by itself so you can never really tell what side effects are from what drug or from what interaction.

I'm not trying to say that MDMA is safe (it isnt) or that it doesnt have side effects, but because of peoples poly-drug use what side effects MDMA does or does not have isnt always clear.
    Taking pills in general isn't safe, it fucks you up, how amny people get it in it's pure form anyway? and i'm sure if ti was pure it would fuck you up ever worse.

It depends entirely on what you mean by 'safe' - I obviously dont mean that there are no side effects and that there is no risks. But when you compare reasonable (as in not taking 20 pills every weekend) use with other adventure sports or horse riding it is relatively safe.

As for purity, that unfortunately is a product of the law and it is the responsibility of the user to do everything they can to avoid the risks of impurities.

But, you're right, no drug use is without risks, and many people are harmed by their use - but that is their choice and hopefully it should be an informed one.
    and i'm sure if ti was pure it would fuck you up ever worse.
    Surely it would be the opposite - to obtain the same dose of MDMA from pills, you're likely to also get extra bits such as MDA, amphetamines, BZP and of course the things they use to pack them with. Yes, if people would use higher doses of pure MDMA than if they take pills, the effect on the body could be worse. But at the same doses the additional impurities and/or adulterants from pills must have a more negative effect (assuming the MDMA you get is pure).
    MattLiverpool please do some research before posting such opinionated statements. The "holes in the brain" research was proved to be ill-founded and badly researched a VERY long time ago...

Stating stories like "my mates, mates, dads, cousins, sister took one e pill and her brain melted and she chewed off her own face", just adds to the general public hysteria and helps noone.
    Just take a break for a while and then try again.

I think alot is also to do with environment and company.
    I could type out some real scare stories if you like?

Projectile vomiting, diarrhoea, death, loss of conciousness, violence, temporary loss of vision, nose bleeds.

For the record i take them regularly too.

Of course you could, same as I am sure that anyone who has ever been to or worked in an A&E could tell you all the injuries that are caused by alcohol.

MDMA does come with risks, but they are only made worse by the current legal status.
    You need to replenish you natural stores of dopamine and more importantly for mdma serotonin to keep having the same effects. There's a couple of ways you can do this. Multi vitamins, and especially magnesium and a vitamin b complex will help (If you keep your magnesium and vit B stores up you shouldn't get any jaw clenching).

Or a more direct route is amino acids such as 5-HTP http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5-htp - This helps get your serotonin levels up and is readily available online.

For dopamine the amino acid is tyrosine - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyrosine
    Or phenylalanine - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenylalanine

At the end of the day with any stimulant you are always taking out more than you put in so to speak, so it's very important to try and keep your natural levels as high as possible.

Also some anti-depressants (SSRIs) will seriously hinder your mdma having any affect.

Sorry for rambling, hope someone gets something good out of all this.
    25Gs in 4 months

Wasup.....To make a long life of using ex short.....When i was 17 i first tryed it, Im a girl and im hot and im the shit, And ppl give me w.e i want...I dont have to do shit for it cuz im just..The shit like that...Anyways i ate e Everyday all the time, And my friends were worried about me and shit blah blah who cares. Not me cuz imma E tard. Sooo i turn 18 and i get my settelment of 25 thousand dollars. I waited for thats sense i was 5 years old, What did i do? Bought 1000 E pills Every 3 days! for 2500 dollars...Cheap huh? The ex dealer was my friends....Best friends....Hmm why cuz i had money....I kno see this but that money lasted me 4 months!! i didnt sell the pills. I ate them.
    As i said im a girl im 5,2 and 115 pounds...Started at 140 went down to 1 buck 08 in a month....Lost everything friends money. After the money as gone i still! for 2 years str8! did E my real real foreal not cuz i had money cuz i didnt! he did hes like my brother i moved in with him cuz i house hopped and robbed ppl everyday of my life, But i moved in with my friend he sold....everything and lived in a party house....Like always! the house would get shot up alot. I live in ny its typicall But the house i lived at b4 that the guy is like 33 has kids had a nice house. Me and my girl moved in got him hookedon e his 3 year olds are sleepin while were havin huge ass Ex parts ppl rollin all oveer the place with binkys in out mouths tuggin eachothers hairs......Ahh the old days...See u say u dont feel it....Ha u aint taakin enough. I usta have to take 5 pills a pop to feel shit! of some bomb ass pills that made pppls Brains Bleed.....Runs in my fam.....The one good this is it kills white blood cells which white blood cells give cacncer and it stop it from growin back......Im never gettin cancer lol. I have done thousands....Thousands.....3 years rollin everyday! not being sarcastic...Im not proiud of it...I have a perm studder...But iwouldnt take it bak for anything cuz that is...Ha the best days of my life =D.
    That first E pill i toook....Just....I had withdrawls without it...Id feel like the witch was sitting on my chest not letting me get up sucking the air out of my body, I couldnt breath/talk/scream/ But i tryed, I couldnt move it felt like my brain was getting huge and lemmy tell u aint aint fun! So quit while ur at it...DOnt do what i did...I almost died hah im sacred to get my brain scanned...I use to stand up and black out Reall! bad everytime and forget were i was and what was goin on after i woke up....It just made my brain a pile of shit..I cant work im onnly 19 years old and i ruiend my life being an etard...I usyta be samrt now im madd dumb idc ill addmitt it..Thats exaclty it...I dont acre....My brains friend im lazy and i dont ive a fuck imma Moocher fo lyfe 1 love and im out!!!

Hope u like my story!
    i have great rollin storys if any ones wants to share eachothers =D Ill make a thread
    What.The.Fuck ?
    Wasup.....To make a long life of using ex short.....When i was 17 i first tryed it, Im a girl and im hot and im the shit, And ppl give me w.e i want...I dont have to do shit for it cuz im just..The shit like that...Anyways i ate e Everyday all the time, And my friends were worried about me and shit blah blah who cares. Not me cuz imma E tard. Sooo i turn 18 and i get my settelment of 25 thousand dollars. I waited for thats sense i was 5 years old, What did i do? Bought 1000 E pills Every 3 days! for 2500 dollars...Cheap huh? The ex dealer was my friends....Best friends....Hmm why cuz i had money....I kno see this but that money lasted me 4 months!! i didnt sell the pills. I ate them.
    As i said im a girl im 5,2 and 115 pounds...Started at 140 went down to 1 buck 08 in a month....Lost everything friends money. After the money as gone i still! for 2 years str8! did E my real real foreal not cuz i had money cuz i didnt! he did hes like my brother i moved in with him cuz i house hopped and robbed ppl everyday of my life, But i moved in with my friend he sold....everything and lived in a party house....Like always! the house would get shot up alot. I live in ny its typicall But the house i lived at b4 that the guy is like 33 has kids had a nice house. Me and my girl moved in got him hookedon e his 3 year olds are sleepin while were havin huge ass Ex parts ppl rollin all oveer the place with binkys in out mouths tuggin eachothers hairs......Ahh the old days...See u say u dont feel it....Ha u aint taakin enough. I usta have to take 5 pills a pop to feel shit! of some bomb ass pills that made pppls Brains Bleed.....Runs in my fam.....The one good this is it kills white blood cells which white blood cells give cacncer and it stop it from growin back......Im never gettin cancer lol. I have done thousands....Thousands.....3 years rollin everyday! not being sarcastic...Im not proiud of it...I have a perm studder...But iwouldnt take it bak for anything cuz that is...Ha the best days of my life =D.
    That first E pill i toook....Just....I had withdrawls without it...Id feel like the witch was sitting on my chest not letting me get up sucking the air out of my body, I couldnt breath/talk/scream/ But i tryed, I couldnt move it felt like my brain was getting huge and lemmy tell u aint aint fun! So quit while ur at it...DOnt do what i did...I almost died hah im sacred to get my brain scanned...I use to stand up and black out Reall! bad everytime and forget were i was and what was goin on after i woke up....It just made my brain a pile of shit..I cant work im onnly 19 years old and i ruiend my life being an etard...I usyta be samrt now im madd dumb idc ill addmitt it..Thats exaclty it...I dont acre....My brains friend im lazy and i dont ive a fuck imma Moocher fo lyfe 1 love and im out!!!

Hope u like my story!
    i have great rollin storys if any ones wants to share eachothers =D Ill make a thread

Huh? I feel sorry for your teachers who wasted time teaching you English.

Hope u like my story!

oh please let me hear more stories!....:eek2: :rolleyes: