Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

feeling broody

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    More to the point, looks like you've missed something. For a couple of months or so... ;)

Congrats.
    thankyou :D
    Ill have to try harder this time :)
    Many congratulations.
    Congrats Suzy!
    I'm having another baby too

Well not me personally but my missus is lol
    This one will be born with uber huge arm muscles! ;)

congrats Cheese!!
    Congrats Suzy! When's baby due?
    Awwwww babies on the way, how exciting, congrats to you both :)

xx
    Yeah I no wrote: »
    Congrats Suzy! When's baby due?

end of March :) 2 days before Félixs 1st birthday :nervous:
    Do you know what your having?
    kate2419 wrote: »
    However, we will be waiting until at least this time next year to begin to ttc and add to our family. The reasons behind this decision are sensible and rational and I agree 100%, but it doesnt stop me dreaming of a little one before the end of 2009!!

This is exactly the same situation as I am in. We have the slight issue that I am the main breadwinner in the family and for this reason we really need to get to a certain point before we could make the jump into parenthood.

My poor husband has had it in the ear all New Year from friends as we go away with three couples who have little ones... He is so good with them that our friends constantly tell him what a good father he would be but he is still scared shitless and I think wouldn't mind too much if that time never came!

My only concern is that I have a thyroid condition and this can often affect carrying a pregnancy. My husband is older than me so whilst I have all the time in the world I really would like us to have a baby before he is 40...

In my head it would be the perfect Christmas present for 2008 for me to come off the pill... if not sooner ;)

Oooh and congratulations Suzy!
    Do you know what your having?

a giraffe :thumb:

no, i dont know if its a boy or girl. Couldnt tell at the scan

Congrats! :D
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I remembered about Suzy, but congrats again anyway.
    And also congrats Cheese! :D
    rachie004 wrote: »
    :hyper: are you going to have him/her at home again (feel free to mind my own :p )

hopefully!!
    My homebirth is booked - was the first thing i asked for , so hopefully everything will go to plan :)
    i dont fancy one tbh. I know where I am on dry land!! Plus I dont think i fancy a big paddling pool in my front room for the few weeks beforehand and trying to keep the other kids and the dog out of it. I know its supposed to be really good for labour pains, but im quite happy hanging on to the sofa and swearing lots to cope with mine
    I really want a water birth, but the pool at the hospital was broke when we went to visit:crying: When the time comes I'll just have to ask if its mended!:grump:
    when is your baby due?
    Yesterday. No sign of her, think I'll have to be induced!:eek2:
    Aww poor you. I went 4 days overdue with Félix - every day felt like a week!!!
    They gave me a sweep on my due date, which didnt work and then another one 4 days later which sent me into labour straight away. Get them to try that before inducing you, although they probably would anyway.
    Itll be very soon anyway, dont you worry. I take it youve tried all the stuff like fresh pineapple, hot curry, unripe papaya?

Just remember, its only about 3% of babies actually arrive on their due date.
    None of ours did, that goes for me extended family too. In fact I cannot think of a single case in anyone I know...

Chicken Tikka Masala - worked twice for us... ;)
  • Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    Just remember, its only about 3% of babies actually arrive on their due date.
    It would surprise me if it was otherwise. Human bodies aren't like clockwork and weren't designed with the Gregorian calendar in mind. All doctors can do is give an estimate.
    Good Luck with persauding that baby out yeah I know, without being induced.

Think I got a positive yes agreement off my hubby that as soon as Im home, in four weeks, we can officially start trying to make Zach a big brother, whooo!!!
    thing is i have spent time around my friend's little ones and helped with feeding and bathing and putting to bed and nappy changes, and getting them to stop crying when they are teething...but thats made me want kids more.

Have them overnight as newborns, you will soon change your mind lol
    Tweety wrote: »
    Have them overnight as newborns, you will soon change your mind lol

lol, every two hour wakenings - fun!!
    I tried chciken tikka masala, pinapple, sex, walking and bouncing on a birth ball! Think she may be on her way tho, getting realllllllllllly bad back ache/contractions!:shocking: Just hope it's not a false alarm!:rolleyes:
    rachie004 wrote: »

I've got a thyroid condition too and its really worrying me but apparently if its well managed then there shouldn't be any problems

That's what I've heard too... fingers crossed! :)
    I tried chciken tikka masala, pinapple, sex, walking and bouncing on a birth ball! Think she may be on her way tho, getting realllllllllllly bad back ache/contractions!:shocking: Just hope it's not a false alarm!:rolleyes:

oooooh Keep active now, go for a walk or something if you can
    I've done a pile of ironing, dusted and hooverd all downstairs! Still getting them, and there quite painful - but all in my back.