Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

argh

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
before anyone has a go i know this is completely unreasonable and i am a jealous cow but i must rant away

my bfs mum seems to be obsessed with his ex, who he split with nearly 3 years ago, and who she hasn't seen for at least 2 1/2 years.

it makes me feel like i have to watch what i say all the time and i can never live up to her :mad:

todays shes ust made my bf text about for her new number.

my bfs moved on, texts her like once a year on er bday or something and that's it, but she can't

argh argh arrrrrgh :mad: :mad: :mad:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Aww that's pretty shit, I'd probably feel the same if not worse.

Can you not explain to his Mum how it makes you feel? It's going to cause problem between you and your boyfriend which isn't fair on either of you. Jealousy is an evil thing.
    i'm not very close to his mum at all, hoping my bf is gonna tell her.

his ex caused a lot of crap between us for the first year of us been together. she cheated on him and because of that he found it hard to trust me.

i've told my bf it's totally disrespectful and she should put my feelings first. i feel a bit sorry for him really cos its not his fault.
    The girl cheated on him and she's still obsessing over her?! How very strange :confused: The woman must be at least mildly deluded. But yeah your boyfriend needs to talk to her, and with that and time hopefully it will improve.

Do you know why your bf's mum thinks the sun shines out this girls arse? She must have done something very right....
    It's normal for Mams to fuss over an ex that she liked (my Mam does it in a "whatever happened to XYZ, she was such a nice girl!" way, I wish she'd stop) but it is disrepectful and it's not exactly helpful to her son either now, is it?

He needs to have a word with his Mam, because that aint normal.
    The girl cheated on him and she's still obsessing over her?!

My ex and her family were a bit like this, he cheated on her and messed her around for years (only coming back to her for sex) but she still seemed to idolise him and made it clear to me that I was never living up to him (how i'm not quite sure as i've met him and he was a real twat, not to mention how he treated her). My ex and her family just never seemed to want to let him go though which made things very tough for me... I ended up leaving her, mainly because of this (although admitidly her attitude not her family's was the main issue). You can't live like that, no matter how great the ex was, it's in the past and you don't want your face rubbed in it or made to feel like you have to live up to anyone else.

If it's his mum doing it then he needs serious words with her. I'd go mental at my mum if she were to behave like this about one of my exes.
    they did get back together after she'd cheated on him but i still find it very strange that she's so obsessive about her.

it's my bfs bday in a couple of weeks so i'm probably gonna have to go out to a family meal thing with her there. i don't know how much, if anything, my bf has said to her about how i feel about it so it could be a bit awkward. trying my hardest to get out of it :rolleyes:
    lexilex wrote: »
    before anyone has a go i know this is completely unreasonable and i am a jealous cow but i must rant away

my bfs mum seems to be obsessed with his ex, who he split with nearly 3 years ago, and who she hasn't seen for at least 2 1/2 years.

it makes me feel like i have to watch what i say all the time and i can never live up to her :mad:

todays shes ust made my bf text about for her new number.

my bfs moved on, texts her like once a year on er bday or something and that's it, but she can't

argh argh arrrrrgh :mad: :mad: :mad:

usually i'm the dude that says that people are overreacting and making mountains out of molehill, but this time I say your distress is not inappropriate.

Since you are in a - let's say - "labile" position towards his mother, I'd talk to your boyfriend and tell him you've got a problem with that and he somehow shall teach his mom about it then...
    thanks, that means a lot actually, it's nice to know i aren't been completely irrational.