Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

argh conundrum

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
for my birthday i really want to go to my favourite restaurant but there are quite a few people i want to go with..how many do you reckon its acceptable to invite?

alsoooo..

i wanted to invite friend A but friend B doesn't like them and doesn't really know many of the people coming soooo what doooo i dooo? :grump: birthdays are stressful
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ok i did one of those event things on facebook so everyone can see the guest list and said meal then drinks after and u can choose what u want to come to if any..so if they dont like a person they dont have to come.

haaaaaaaa
    What you have done sounds like a great idea, if they are good enough friends then they should put their differences aside for your special day, I hope that you have a great time.
    thankyouuu :) i hope so

i hate confrontation and bad atmospheres but i guess that's in their court right
    Yes it's their problem not yours, I have friends who don't get on and generally we don't all go out together, it's either one lot or the other but for birthdays or if I throw a party they do make that extra effort and rub along ok.
    I'm sure that they will behave.
    Something similar happened for my birthday, i was having a party and two of the people absolutely despised each other.

If your lucky then your friends might be like mine and get along for a while because they want it all to run smoothly and keep you in a good mood!
    ok i did one of those event things on facebook so everyone can see the guest list and said meal then drinks after and u can choose what u want to come to if any..so if they dont like a person they dont have to come.

haaaaaaaa

i just hope 20,000 people dont turn up for your birthday and ruin it!

then again id be over the moon if that many people turned up for mine!
    MrG wrote: »
    i just hope 20,000 people dont turn up for your birthday and ruin it!

then again id be over the moon if that many people turned up for mine!

nooo course not.

i set it as private so no crazies
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    How big is the restaurant? I know my fave restaurant can only hold about 25 peeps, might be an idea to call them and ask if a) it is free that night and b) how big is the biggest group they can cater for

AND...I want to come :)
    ahhh of course you can come!!

so far not many people are coming
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    I'd come if you werent a zillion miles away.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    ahhh of course you can come!!

so far not many people are coming

ahh cheers hun :)

I live miles away too James, I will drive us! :)