Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Hollyoaks

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
So Darren lost his half of the pub in a poker game agaist Warren yeah? Had the deeds already been transferred to his name then? How legal is this? I know it's a programme of fiction (and some!) but is there a basis in law to lose half a pub in a poker game like that?!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    If half of the pub is legally his (I assumed Jack had done all the legal work at some point- being an ex-copper) then he can bet his share of the pub on a poker game.

As long as you keep in mind its just a TV programme, and dont send Jack any flowers. He inst really in hospital ;)
  • Options
    BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    Calvin wrote: »
    If half of the pub is legally his (I assumed Jack had done all the legal work at some point- being an ex-copper) then he can bet his share of the pub on a poker game.

As long as you keep in mind its just a TV programme, and dont send Jack any flowers. He inst really in hospital ;)

my mate told me jack was dead, is he? or is he ill?
  • Options
    Bunnie wrote: »
    my mate told me jack was dead, is he? or is he ill?

He had a heart attack but he's out of hospital and back behind the bar.

I go through phases with Hollyoaks when I watch it religiously and then I don't bother with it for months. It's usually pretty easy to catch up though!