Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Where can I get?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
A Marc Jacobs watch that's not in the current collection?

I've been spying on a Marc Jacobs watch on Net a Porter for a few weeks, but it's now sold out and I'm gutted. How can I get hold of one?

Any ideas would be great... I'm already doing daily ebay checks in case it crops up, but I'd rather go out and buy it in a shop somewhere?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think your best bet is Ebay, unless you live near London - I would imagine the department stores like Selfridges may have the collection?
    Which one is it out of interest? I have a black snakeskin Marc Jacobs watch with studs on it.
    ^^I think you have the one I'm talking about!! model no; 26869, black snakeskin with studs.

I could pop into selfridges, or harvey nics... I can get to both birmingham and london ones.
    seeing as you know the model number you might as well ring around plaqces before you go on a trek.
    Yeah, that's what my mum's just said; she's happy to take me to Brum or London if anyone has it in stock. It's just annoying, because I'm coming into some money shortly, but I have no idea when, and this is the only watch I've ever actually liked in it's entirety.

Pink Soda; is yours comfy to wear? is it a big watch?
    I haven't actually worn it for a long period of time yet (!) but when I've tried it on it's pretty comfy. Yes it is quite a big watch - but I like that style, it doesn't look toooo big on the wrist though, I have really tiny wrists and it doesn't look ridiculous or anything.
    I don't know what your ethical principles are, but I didn't realise until I actually got the watch, that it is REAL snakeskin...dunno if that bothers you...
    Not at all :) lol.
    your best bet would be to look in department stores, or online. there will be one out there, somewhere. (:
    call your nearest marc jacobs shop, ask them and if they dont have it in store they should do a country/world wide search for you...if anywhere has it in stock then that store will call you take down your card details and address, process the payment and send it directly to you.
    ^Would they be able to tell me which store has it in stock? I'd rather buy it in person, as I've not tried it on or anything, and it's a pretty huge amount of money to mess about with so I'd rather be sure....
    yeah, I expect they'd be able to get one sent to your nearest stockest for you to try on too. give them a ring and see...
    Will do.. got the number for the London branch, which I'll ring tomorrow/Monday. Thanks for your help, I'll report back if anything happens!
    ^Would they be able to tell me which store has it in stock? I'd rather buy it in person, as I've not tried it on or anything, and it's a pretty huge amount of money to mess about with so I'd rather be sure....

They should tell you which store has it in stock and they will probably (hopefully) offer to bring it in for you
    Well I've had a non-productive day. Phoned the Marc Jacobs london store, they don't stock watches. Then phoned Selfridges in Brum, they don't stock Marc Jacobs watches. Then phoned Selfridges in London, and they've only got pendant watches in stock, not wrist watches. Urgh.

So, after no help from Marc Jacobs I'll phone around Harvey Nics after the new year. I thought designers were meant to be good with customer service! (we pay enough for their products!!) All this for a £200 watch :chin:

Pink Soda, you don't fancy selling me yours do ya? ;) lol.
    you should have asked them to check the stores that DO stock wrist watches :p
    I did ask, they put me through to selfridges. They don't do any searching!!
    Strange....they should at least call the distributions office type place at the very least. Try their website, see if there is any way of contacting them directly.
    I emailed their european sales people and they're out of office until the 7th Jan.. lol.