Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Ringing Ear

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Last night I went out to a club,so it was loud as usual (I took a few pills too)and today my left ear keeps ringing constantly.Its like a high pitched buzzing that wont go away.
Do you think I could have damaged my ear?Burst the eardrum or something?
Its annoying and Im a bit woried.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hi. Many people have experienced that after being to concerts. I'd monitor the progress tho, and if it's not ok within a few days I'd go to a doctor.
    tbh it could be the music or it could be the drugs. it should fade.
    It should fade. But you have to be aware that everytime you expose yourself to very loud music you are permanently damaging your hearing. If you keep doing it you WILL suffer hearing loss.

Best thing I ever did was to buy some silicone swimmers earplugs and I carry them with me all the time for loud raves etc. I damaged my ears alot when I was younger and am keen not to make things worse.

I would strongly suggest you do the same. Silicone earplugs are discrete as hell and you can actually hear things better with them in when you get used to it.