Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

So insecure

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been with my matey for 5 months now and things are fairly serious; I'm spending Christmas with him and his family but I can't help feeling so insecure.

I was uber stressed when I decided to leave uni and I've had a couple of other things going on which put a strain on our relationship so I'm scared he's going to turn around some day and say "Pfft, enough of this" and leave. I know this sounds crazy but today I felt very happy with him and about stuff, and in a way this makes me unhappy because I worry that when it goes wrong it'll hurt more.

I'm also always looking at other girls and thinking "She's so much prettier/slimmer/more intelligent than me; what's he doing with me?" Not good.

I know this is more a winge than a plea for help, I just needed to blurt it out somewhere. But if anyone does have anything helpful to say, please feel free to jot down your thoughts and such :p

Comments

• Options
    he's with you and he wants to be with you, not those other girls you compare yourself to. the end.
  • Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey star*

Insecurity is something that affects us all at one time or another and it can be pretty scary. The thing is, often our feelings relate to our own perception of ourselves rather than any behaviours our boyfriend or girlfriend has shown towards us - ultimately, this means there isn't a logical pattern to the thought process and it can tie us in knots!

It sounds like you could do with some help to bolster your self esteem.
    You may find the NetDoctor test helpful

And remember, what Otter says is true. If you're feeling happy then the chances are he is too - it's very rare that someone is able to feel truly happy if their feelings aren't reciprocated.

Take care and have faith in yourself. :)
  • Options
    star* wrote: »
    I'm also always looking at other girls and thinking "She's so much prettier/slimmer/more intelligent than me; what's he doing with me?" Not good.
    Do you think it's only women who think about that? Unlikely. I'm prepared to admit I've had moments when I think "what the hell is this girl doing with me? That bloke over there's a million times more attractive/rich/popular etc..."
  • Options
    It sounds like he has stuck by you alot already, so dont worry too much hun. Let yourself be happy and enjoy being happy, then even if its does go wrong at least it will have been worth it.