Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

mushys at this time of year

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
found a patch of mushys of 7 -8 fairly large mushys, i thought they would be all gone, its has been very cold, im in the north east england. il post some pics tomorrow

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    il post some pics tomorrow

Don't.
    DC85 wrote: »
    Don't.

why?
    otter wrote: »
    why?

Theyll jus get taken down wont they ?
    DC85 wrote: »
    Theyll jus get taken down wont they ?

don't think they have before 'ya know though i could be wrong...
    post them and see ;)
    when you say fairly large what kind of size do you mean? compare them to say coin sizes? is the top bit smaller than a 5p? what colour? what kind of area did you find them - woods/field/etc
    ate em and find out.,

no only messing...not the best advice...ive been on the partying craic since thursday...

post pics and see what ppl say..........it seems very late though for mushies round this time of the year.
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    This time of year :no: Very unlikely. Would steer clear.
    Weekender Offender 
    Skive wrote: »
    This time of year :no: Very unlikely. Would steer clear.

stalks/stems are about the thickness of a 5p, they smell horrible like shrooms, underneath the caps are dark like they should be. they where really soggy and muddy.

they dont like like any poisonous types, but could the cold of stopped the psilocybin being present? making them dud

ETA: The caps themselves vary in size some are large like a can others are a big bigger than a 2pound coin, most are around 6inchest tall
    ETA: The caps themselves vary in size some are large like a can others are a big bigger than a 2pound coin, most are around 6inchest tall

I wouldn't from that description.
    Weekender Offender 
    I wouldn't from that description.

i dont have them here to hand but, i think when i said they are bigger/smaller, i think i meant some are more closed and rounded and some are more open and flat, they look like a lot similar to those in the pics
    Well you seem sure., I havn'ty seen 'em so really can't be definate, but I have been pickign for over 10 years, a green keper in chage of lawnb management and still form you description I and my experience I would stay clear. Never in ten yerarts have I known mushies to be around at Xmas. I wou;ldn't even have thoughty glibal fuckign warming would allolw this.
    Weekender Offender 
    theres a question about the same as mine on yahoo, and the end 'answer' was global warming with it still been damp
    theres a question about the same as mine on yahoo, and the end 'answer' was global warming with it still been damp
    if the weather was a bit fairer than it is atm i might agree. thought you were going to post pictures which would help by far determine what they are.
    For the last few weeks we've had terrible frost. Thos libertys are quite delicate little things and for that reason I would think it's safer to assume they're not what you hope they are.
    Weekender Offender 
    On the subject of posting pictures; I am pretty sure someone will jump on me if I am wrong but I do not think posting pictures of mushrooms contravenes board rules.

As long as the person posting cannot be identified directly by the photo, and that the post is not promoting it (e.g: LOOK AT THIS MAD SHIT I GOT!), then asking for advice which could lead to you not dying from a poisonous mushroom would seem to meet the criteria for harm reduction; and one would assume, be permissible here.
    decided not to eat em, they smell a bit strange, though that might be due to drying them badly, wrapped in a t shirt then stuck in my computer, didnt go home home for 3 days so reckon they are moldy
    wrapped in a t shirt then stuck in my computer
    the oven would have been better :p
    tbh they sounded a bit dodgey anyway. best gotten rid of imo.
    Best way to dry mushies is in a brown paper bag or between the pages of newspaper and then stick them in a dark cool place.

Air tight containers make them go mouldy, so does putting them in the fridge and heating them on a rad or in the oven can fuck them up too.
    Weekender Offender 
    Best way to dry mushies is in a brown paper bag or between the pages of newspaper and then stick them in a dark cool place.

Air tight containers make them go mouldy, so does putting them in the fridge and heating them on a rad or in the oven can fuck them up too.

il remember that for next year, they was massive, shrunk up loads but was all sticky and shitty, didnt smell or look pleasing, although i still think they were the right kind. should'nt of used a t shirt