Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Deleting posts

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
lacrymosa will you stop deleting every single post you make. It's rather annoying now :impissed: :p

Merry Xmas!

Comments

• Options
    Do a search of Lacrymosa's name, and all you get is a load of posts with one dot each. A strange sight.
  • Options
    JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Do a search of Lacrymosa's name, and all you get is a load of posts with one dot each. A strange sight.
    Not like a search for you, where across the first three pages you find enough to write a new Shakespeare book ;)

Its a free forum, people can delete what they want when they want.
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    Not like a search for you, where across the first three pages you find enough to write a new Shakespeare book ;)
    "Cudgel thy brains no more about it, for your dull ass will not mend his pace with beating, and when you are ask'd this question next, say "a gravemaker": the houses he makes lasts till doomsday."

;)
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    lacrymosa will you stop deleting every single post you make. It's rather annoying now :impissed: :p

Forced to read the posts, you are not.

Merry Xmas!

Yes indeed, a time of tolerance and love.
  • Options
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    "Cudgel thy brains no more about it, for your dull ass will not mend his pace with beating, and when you are ask'd this question next, say "a gravemaker": the houses he makes lasts till doomsday."

;)
    Shortage of sheep in the immediate area? ;)
  • Options
    JsT wrote: »
    Shortage of sheep in the immediate area? ;)
    Impertient fellow. Off with thy head!
  • Options
    Mist wrote: »
    Forced to read the posts, you are not.

But what's the point in posting in the first place if every single post you make is just deleted later on so that hardly anyone gets to read anything?

Pointless, much.
  • Options
    Franki wrote: »
    But what's the point in posting in the first place if every single post you make is just deleted later on so that hardly anyone gets to read anything?

Pointless, much.

Edited by JsT 16:54
  • Options

Edited by a retard on 31.02.2203
  • Options

Edited by Santa 25/12/2007 00:01. Note: Fucking behave or you'll get no presents
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    I would agree that it's very annoying and pointless, but as long as it wasn't any important information (as far as we can tell) let's live and let live (hopefully)...
  • Options
    lacrymosa wrote: »
    (only after I revealed who I actually was

I knew Diana hadn't died !
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    lacrymosa wrote: »
    I wanted to delete my posts because people have contacted my friends in real life about what I've posted on here in the past and wanted all evidence removed (as its caused loads of trouble in the past).
    Those are good reasons I guess, but I think some were gone that didn't say anything that was important in any way (can't remember examples). Still, your choice.
    I've edited out all my posts because I don't want my account deleted incase I want to come here for advice as I have been doing in the future.
    Which is exactly the point about not deleting entire accounts. :) Still, keep in mind that whatever you ask for could help someone else in the future.
    PS - I'm likely to delete this post later :p
    I wouldn't say there's any reason to, but if you do I'll remove the quotations as well.
  • Options
    i dont particularly see why people are so interested in reading her posts as it seems you are going to disapprove anywho.
  • Options
    surely people can write then retract whatever they want on here?
  • Options
    xsazx wrote: »
    could we not have an option to delete the post entirely (instead of editing to a . or something) which would save it appearing as a topic with unread threads in then when opened up really has nothing changed? would be simpler

but anyway who cares she can do as she pleases
    We used to be but it was remove as it was abused.
  • Options
    littlemissylittlemissy Posts: 9,972 Supreme Poster
    Surely it is up to the individual if they want to delete their posts. Who cares?!

If lacrymosa wants to put a dot then it is her perogative. If you don't like it, it's tough cookies, I'm afraid. I also think Rachael is spot on too.
  • Options
    Fair enough members should have the right to delete or edit whatever they decide to post but when you're trying to read a thread and half of it doesnt make sense because a post has been edited/deleted it gets quite irritating
  • Options
    People post often about very personal matters - situations can change and the reaction they recieve can change their opinion of having the information live.

There's three real options - to allow people to delete their own posts, which was abused to such a degree that it had to be removed (though we do review it's return on a semi-regular basis so watch this space)

Allow people to edit their own threads

Allow no one to edit anything they've posted, no matter how they now feel about it, even years later - which is far too draconian.

So, the situation is how it is, and that's the way it's staying for now peeps.

Merry Christmas one and all!
This discussion has been closed.