Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Should I tell her...??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
\

Comments

• **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    kate- wrote: »

My question now being do I tell her why alot of what happened happened? With it being a new year and all. I don't know I just think she deserves to know why I put her through hell. Or am I better off just forgetting it. I don't know.

Hey Kate,
    It's hard to read through what you've been through in recent months but please, please don't be hard on yourself - you've had a really rough time and it's so good to hear you're moving on from this. *hugs*

As to telling your Mum the whole story, well it's really down to what you feel comfortable with. Only you can decide whether or not it's the right thing to do. If you feel you are done talking about it, then maybe a discussion wouldn't be a good idea and you and your Mum can move onwards from here. On the other hand, if you feel you can talk about it openly and it will help you/your relationship, then that's another thing to think about. So, weigh up the options, and remember that neither is a bad option to choose - it really just is about what you feel in your gut would be right.

Take care :)
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    ask yourself what good would come from telling her... if you feel its important to tell her then do, otherwise let the past just be the past and get on with your life now.
    if she really wants to know, and you think shed be supportive, then id tell her, because shes probably fearing the worst anyway, and it might well help your relationship f you openeed up to her about this.
    its your call though.
    if you are still suffering guilt from the way that you treated your mum, maybe you could tell her, so that she would understand that it was stuff that was going on with her rather than stuff that she and you were going through.
    good luck whatever you decide, and all power to you for turning this awful situation around.
    x