Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Tony Blair converts to Catholicism

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7157409.stm

Not much of a surprise tbh. Many people suspected we had a de facto Catholic PM in him.

Presumably he'll be taking the opportunity to confess his lies around the Iraq war and express his remorse for the deaths of up to a million people and counting his campaign made possible to happen.

How many Ave Marias does one get given to recite for the murder of 1m people, I wonder... He could be praying forgiveness for a while...
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Seems a bit two faced really - why have a man who helps bomb the Middle East then be a peace envoy.

As it is the UK is leaving the translators that helped British Troops in Iraq out to dry, they helped the British and now themselves and their families are murder targets - whilst Denmark has allowed every translator that helped their army in Iraq to move to Denmark where they will be safe.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7148774.stm

Tony Blair will have to do a lot of praying to get to heaven ...
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This story's being reported in a very strange way. Aside from showing the total lack of any real news this weekend, (there never is anything new to report just before Christmas) I couldn't help but notice a faux-pas on Sky News earlier. The presenter said "Well, back now to our main story. Let's got more on the news that Tony Blair, the Prime Minister, has converted to Catholicism". Where have Sky News been for the last six months?

Anyway, it's a bit late to convert now, Tony. Your list of sins already stretches to the Moon and back. How on earth you got accepted into the Catholic faith is beyond me. After all the lies that you told when in office, and after the deaths that your orders were responsible for, you're destined to burn in hell when you die. And I for one will be amongst those who celebrates when you snuff it. Don't think that because you're not in office any more, we've suddenly forgotten how devious a man you really were.
    Aladdin wrote: »
    Presumably he'll be taking the opportunity to confess his lies around the Iraq war and express his remorse for the deaths of up to a million people and counting his campaign made possible to happen.
    Given how keen he is to make money, he'll most likely get a TV crew from Sky News to film his confession, before releasing a DVD of the event via the Murdoch press.